PDA

View Full Version : USB to 9 pin serial adapter

karlos32
18th December, 2008, 12:07 PM
Hi

Can anyone recomend the best usb to serial adapter cable for my laptop. I am running Windows Vista, and everyone I have tried so far does not work? I am trying to flash my Eurovox from my laptop. It seems that all the cables I use will not talk to the box? Help please its driving me mad.

:dontknow:

benny/9
18th December, 2008, 01:15 PM
Hi

Can anyone recomend the best usb to serial adapter cable for my laptop. I am running Windows Vista, and everyone I have tried so far does not work? I am trying to flash my Eurovox from my laptop. It seems that all the cables I use will not talk to the box? Help please its driving me mad.

:dontknow:
hi m8,
i run windows vista home premium and i got a usb to serial converter from maplin and i plugged it in a usb port on my computer and a small panel popped up asking do you want vista to find a driver for this device,i clicked
yes and it loaded the driver and set the device up on com port 3 and it works first class the thing to remember is you must always use the device on the same usb port at all times for it to keep working. here's a pic of the one
that i bought for about ?12