PDA

View Full Version : retrieving backed up numbers sony erricson

scubar
18th December, 2008, 12:19 PM
can anyone help with this? the mrs dropped her cyber shot phone in the washing up bowl and fried it. i had backed up all her numbers onto pc using the sony erricson pc suite software supplied with the phone. she went off and bought the sony w910i. anyway i thought the sony pc suite would just restore everything to the new phone but no the software doen't seem compatible with the new phone and i cant find where the old sony software has stored her numbers in the pc.
any one any ideas??
cheers

scubar
19th December, 2008, 03:11 AM
any ideas folks this cant be a one off!!

Devilfish
19th December, 2008, 03:19 AM
What was the model of the previous phone?

Try doing a search on your PC for 'Contacts.cdb'.

From what I've seen, there are different versions of PC Suite for different phones. If you find the contacts.cdb file, get the correct version of pc suit from the SE website then try to restore them.

scubar
19th December, 2008, 10:48 AM
it was the sony ericssson cyber shot phone mate i have both pc suite software releases for the old and new phone i just thought seeing that they were both ericsson phones they new pc suite would automatically pick up previous versions stored data. thanks for the tip on what to search for i'll give that a bash when i'm back from the world darts championships!!