PDA

View Full Version : black screen on galaxy s

happy_highlander
5th June, 2011, 06:05 PM
Ok I rooted phone no problem and proceeded to freeze unwanted apps with titanium now I don't know what i done but all I can see now is the lock screen when I move the lock screen I have a black screen the phone still recieves calls and I can bring up contacts and missed calls but can see no apps at all if I hold down hame button task manager still comes up. Can I just add that phone rebooted no problem after root and all the apps were still working before i got over zelous with titanium (twat) I do not have a backup.........\Is it time for a custom rom and if so what is the best one or can this be recovered

cunny
7th June, 2011, 09:02 PM
I would go over to samsung firmwares an download a rom for your phone. Flash it over and see if that cures it.

I recently put a new rom on mine 2.3.3 and its working flawlessly

mickydibble
7th June, 2011, 09:24 PM
Ok I rooted phone no problem and proceeded to freeze unwanted apps with titanium now I don't know what i done but all I can see now is the lock screen when I move the lock screen I have a black screen the phone still recieves calls and I can bring up contacts and missed calls but can see no apps at all if I hold down hame button task manager still comes up. Can I just add that phone rebooted no problem after root and all the apps were still working before i got over zelous with titanium (twat) I do not have a backup.........\Is it time for a custom rom and if so what is the best one or can this be recovered

Have you rebooted phone,or turn of take battery,sim out powered back on.does titanium not unfreeze apps?

happy_highlander
7th June, 2011, 10:46 PM
It's all sorted now lads. Titanium does defrost apps when you haven't frozen the app that lights up the screen doh so you can see what your doing. I bit the bullet after some good advice from southern comfort and decided to flash a custom rom darkys 10.1 extreme. I was always intending on flashing a custom rom but my stupidity just meant I had to do out much sooner than expected