PDA

View Full Version : vu duo clones, counterfit

2685danny
5th June, 2011, 09:52 PM
is there any vu duo clones, counterfit boxes about?

iam looking at buying a genuine one but ive just searched google and found this Vu+ Duo HD Tuner DVB-S2 HD Linux (Engima2) Satellite Receiver PVR Ready (http://www.falconsat.co.uk/products/Vu%252b-Duo-HD-Tuner-DVB%252dS2-HD-Linux-(Engima2)-Satellite-Receiver-PVR-Ready.html) for ?329 where as others are ?399

there is a few bad reviews of falcon sat does any one have any stories?

thanks danny

dell_xps
5th June, 2011, 11:27 PM
?329 is about right m8, I paid ?350 few months ago for one.
There is a guy on Ebay that does them for ?330,
dont think they have cloned the VU duo's m8.

RuberDuck
6th June, 2011, 02:30 PM
you can buy a original Vu+Duo new with free delivery

here for ?339
VU+ Duo Twin Tuner HD PVR DVB-S2 Enigma2 Satellite Receiver (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Vu-DUO-Twin-Tuner-HD-PVR-DVB-S2-Satellite-Receiver)

i would very highly recommend this seller and his after sales support is second to none

abynk
7th June, 2011, 09:14 PM
I have bought my box from hisat
HISAT : Motorised, Satellite TV equipment and information : Triple-Dragon, Qbox HD, NanoXX, Coolstream HD1, Diablo, Gibertini, Digiquest, Invacom (http://hisat.com/proddetail.php?prod=RECVUPLUSDUO)

tomfun
11th August, 2011, 02:25 PM
I was looking for Vu+duos and found a company selling them in the uk ,but the price seems way to cheap he would sell 5+ for ?155 each or ?205 for a sample.
I spoke to him via chat and i asked if there were clones and he said "no"
am i missing something obvious ?

Vu+ Duo HD Linux Twin Tuner PVR

jammie123321
11th August, 2011, 02:54 PM
got mine of ebay ?310 deliverd

alex123
11th August, 2011, 02:55 PM
is there any vu duo clones, counterfit boxes about?

iam looking at buying a genuine one but ive just searched google and found this Vu+ Duo HD Tuner DVB-S2 HD Linux (Engima2) Satellite Receiver PVR Ready (http://www.falconsat.co.uk/products/Vu%252b-Duo-HD-Tuner-DVB%252dS2-HD-Linux-(Engima2)-Satellite-Receiver-PVR-Ready.html) for ?329 where as others are ?399

there is a few bad reviews of falcon sat does any one have any stories?

thanks danny
perhaps you should say sorry now ?

RuberDuck
11th August, 2011, 04:35 PM
if you are a member of the world-of-satellite forum ( VIX ) home forum, you can buy a Duo from the site sponsor for ?319 with free UK delivery

freck
16th August, 2011, 02:34 PM
VU+Duo for ?288 from here (http://www.satnet.ee/shop/digital_receivers/linux_based/Vu_Plus_Duo/)....bought an IPBox 9000HD from him a few years back and he was the cheapest around.Also sells on ebay,he's based in Estonia.
Freck

dell_xps
16th August, 2011, 05:10 PM
VU+Duo for ?288 from here (http://www.satnet.ee/shop/digital_receivers/linux_based/Vu_Plus_Duo/)....bought an IPBox 9000HD from him a few years back and he was the cheapest around.Also sells on ebay,he's based in Estonia.
Freck

Do you get hit with any after taxes after that m8 ?
Guy on Ebay who owns Hisat I think it's called usually accepts ?300 next day delivery.

freck
16th August, 2011, 07:52 PM
Do you get hit with any after taxes after that m8 ?
Guy on Ebay who owns Hisat I think it's called usually accepts ?300 next day delivery.
Not sure about the taxes but still beats every price out there as I've been looking but eventually went for the UNO for 299 delivered.
Freck

lincsat
17th August, 2011, 02:06 PM
Is Estonia in the EU now? If it is, there won't be any taxes.

freck
17th August, 2011, 05:50 PM
Is Estonia in the EU now? If it is, there won't be any taxes.
Yep your right there mate.....dead on.
If you google VU+ DUO estonia ebay youll be taken to his ads on ebay,beats other sellers hands down imo
Freck

RuberDuck
17th August, 2011, 09:45 PM
yes but you have to way up cheep and after sales support. i would personally buy from world-of-satellite as i know his after sales support is second to none. the guy will go out of his way to resolve any problems with any unit he sells. in fact it was because of this guy that the sr 30,000 error on the uno was fixed so fast as Vuplus shipped in their tech guys to hia house to solve the error.

freck
18th August, 2011, 04:20 PM
The aftersales service is spot on with the Estonian seller aswell,he can also set it up for you with any image you need and is available any time for help.This guy takes pride in his sales and support...trust me I know.
Freck

satnet
31st August, 2011, 07:22 PM
Hello.
First of all, many thanks to freck for advertising - I'm the eBay seller from whom he bought his Vu+ Duo. In our online shop *******we can offer even more better prices than listed on eBay. PayPal accepted. Estonia is the EU member since 2004 and eurozone member since this year, so no any customs delays or additional taxes. Also we can offer newest Vu+ Uno for 280EUR+shipping. All our goods have 24 months full warranty.

mdt
31st August, 2011, 07:41 PM
The aftersales service is spot on with the Estonian seller aswell,he can also set it up for you with any image you need and is available any time for help.This guy takes pride in his sales and support...trust me I know.
Freck

seems this guy just does originals and no clones. regards mdt

mdt
4th September, 2011, 10:07 AM
ive been looking into this and according to a supplier on the prc wholesale sites the vu+duo clone is in the process of being finished and will be released soon, whether there is any truth in this is anybodys guess. regards mdt

dell_xps
4th September, 2011, 11:49 AM
Anything counterfeit is usually $hite, clothes, sat boxes, even fake brake pads now, all $hite, better just paying for the original and you know your getting the real deal.
IMHO.

cactikid
4th September, 2011, 12:14 PM
the fun will begin like the starview clones no firmware lol,better off buying the real deal if you want a quality product buy the best and from a known original source.

freck
5th September, 2011, 02:54 PM
Hello.
First of all, many thanks to freck for advertising - I'm the eBay seller from whom he bought his Vu+ Duo. In our online shop ******* we can offer even more better prices than listed on eBay. PayPal accepted. Estonia is the EU member since 2004 and eurozone member since this year, so no any customs delays or additional taxes. Also we can offer newest Vu+ Uno for 280EUR+shipping. All our goods have 24 months full warranty.
No bother.....its all part of this community,I'll scratch your back and you scratch mine.:rofl:
Freck!!

mdt
5th September, 2011, 06:37 PM
better just paying for the original and you know your getting the real deal.
IMHO.

better off buying the real deal if you want a quality product buy the best and from a known original source.

i already own a vu+ although i havent used it. i bought it about 5 months ago from satfool for ?379 in a mad moment although i will be using it when my new dish/motor goes up(eventually), bloody box will be "old hat" by the time i get around to it LOL. i would always buy original items if funds allowed as im sure most of us would but saying that i might go for a solo clone if one is made. regards mdt

pheonixsingh
1st October, 2011, 11:33 AM
any update on the clones?

trevm2000
11th March, 2012, 10:54 PM
Who was that if you don't mind me asking..I've recently bought a clone and it works great latest edition clone with all latest software even has original image and works fine...looking for good supply at right price....

Thanks

benny/9
12th March, 2012, 04:26 PM
for anyone interested in the vu duo clone boxes
i bought one. and first to update the bootloader
so you can use the latest genuine images you need
need a computer with a fixed 9 pin com port, they will
not update by a usb to serial converter,
the good side is the box works first class and iv'e loaded
the v1.7.2 blackhole image and everything is very sharp
crystal clear good sound and very fast channel changes
plus the hd channels are spot on and for me it's a great buy
so much it put my dreamboxes to shame i have also compared it with
a mates genuine vu duo and we can see any difference in them
so iv'e sold my genuine dm500hd and as soon as i get chance my
clone dm800se is going the same way this is under a year old and i hope it sells
for a ?100 post free when i stick it on the bay and i would say if your thinking
of a clone vu they are worth considering.

bigkenny1
12th March, 2012, 08:17 PM
for anyone interested in the vu duo clone boxes
i bought one. and first to update the bootloader
so you can use the latest genuine images you need
need a computer with a fixed 9 pin com port, they will
not update by a usb to serial converter,
the good side is the box works first class and iv'e loaded
the v1.7.2 blackhole image and everything is very sharp
crystal clear good sound and very fast channel changes
plus the hd channels are spot on and for me it's a great buy
so much it put my dreamboxes to shame i have also compared it with
a mates genuine vu duo and we can see any difference in them
so iv'e sold my genuine dm500hd and as soon as i get chance my
clone dm800se is going the same way this is under a year old and i hope it sells
for a ?100 post free when i stick it on the bay and i would say if your thinking
of a clone vu they are worth considering.

I just had a clone and could not update to Blackhole 1.7.2 only as far as 1.6.5 it came with a serial lead as well (did not try use it only tried usb stick) so thats why it would not update then.! I`ve just bought a legit Duo and updated it to BH 1.7.2 with usb and installed Cccam all working great. I thought the clone was dodgy but now it seems I did not update it correctly maybe.

benny/9
12th March, 2012, 10:07 PM
I just had a clone and could not update to Blackhole 1.7.2 only as far as 1.6.5 it came with a serial lead as well (did not try use it only tried usb stick) so thats why it would not update then.! I`ve just bought a legit Duo and updated it to BH 1.7.2 with usb and installed Cccam all working great. I thought the clone was dodgy but now it seems I did not update it correctly maybe.
to get the clone to use the latest genuine images you
need to use a file called duo_scret with a null modem cable
and the small rs232 board that came with the box, as i said the downside
is you can only do it with a computer with a fixed 9 pin com port
usb to serial converters dont work i think it's because the small board you
get and use in line with the null cable changes the wiring and pins to use
the box rs232 port to load the file, but once loaded you can use any image

tosh2004
24th March, 2012, 01:41 PM
thank you for info

tosh2004
26th March, 2012, 02:22 PM
hi,
I have just received my vu+duo from china and it has pre-loaded BH 1.7.0 image so before i update what shall I do?

regard

portbhoy
26th March, 2012, 10:46 PM
Does it ave the Version 2 sticker if so your good to go, if not you should have the little board inside for updating the kernel.

brendanmcerlean
31st March, 2012, 10:45 PM
hi,
I have just received my vu+duo from china and it has pre-loaded BH 1.7.0 image so before i update what shall I do?

regard

hey, how much and where did u buy?

thanks