PDA

View Full Version : water conservation

cactikid
6th June, 2011, 12:53 AM
things will start to happen again soon whether we like it or not,who got their water cut off and now i find out new water charges are coming,i have just seen this at the local blooms festival and was very interested,many of you should think ahead

Rainwater Harvesting Tanks, Filters and Accessories (http://www.halstedrain.com/rainwater-products.html)

daithi
6th June, 2011, 02:04 PM
ive my own private well
if the government think for a second there putting a meter on it there mistaken

i presume they wont be
as its me that has to pay for maintenance etc

was the blooms festival any good after saw it advertised but didn bother going

Kalipo
6th June, 2011, 05:08 PM
When i get the garden sorted.. Ill have my water butts connected and will use that to supply my jetwash and garden.

As for toilet flushing it would be pretty easy to have a tank in the loft like we used to have, have it feed from the gutters..

The only problem you will have is switching from mains to tank.. which should be pretty easy :).. all for a couple of quid :)

cablefreejunkie
6th June, 2011, 07:46 PM
Quite easy to sort the toilet one out
You simply put a large brick in the cistern this reduces the amount of water inside thus reducing the amount you use to flush
We all take it for granted that the water is always there
I also have butts in the garden connected to the gutters etc
Its good practice for what may lie ahead

patkins
6th June, 2011, 08:24 PM
I've done a lot of water conserving at work saving up to 3,000 gallons per week and am careful at home as well.I've seen these bins before cacti but I would be against paying for water.
The irony of water charges is that we will object to water charges but think nothing of buying a 1/2 ltr. bottle of it for a euro,most of which is less safe than that coming from our taps.

cactikid
6th June, 2011, 10:29 PM
the show was very good,too many people there i knew lol,the good old days.
is the well the one with the vw in it with the water leak lol.

daithi
6th June, 2011, 10:37 PM
the show was very good,too many people there i knew lol,the good old days.
is the well the one with the vw in it with the water leak lol.

ya the golf still leaks lol cudn fing the leak
was there dk heads at it cattikid lol

also id put a full 1 or 2 litre bottle in the cistern as the brick might crack it and it will also crumble after a while of been spaked

cactikid
6th June, 2011, 10:54 PM
why not adjust your ball cock lol

daithi
6th June, 2011, 11:06 PM
why not adjust your ball cock lol

because that would make sense lol

true grit
7th June, 2011, 09:44 PM
Why not pee on your plants free fertilizer and no flushing,

check here YouTube - ‪Organic fertilizer - URINE AS PLANT FOOD TO MAKE PLANTS BLOOM FREE FERTILIZER!!!‬‏ (http://youtu.be/FJvWh4NSDKs)