PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using China Revo clone tool?

v8 dave
6th June, 2011, 02:10 PM
Hi all

Been looking at getting one of these to play with; I've just got a cheap Octavia vRS to add to the fleet, and was wondering what the supported cars list is like (I know it comes with a CD of files, but no ching chong meow operators will give me a list of supported ECU codes).

I've got a bench harness and a couple of spare ECUs, and I'm not afraid of bricking anything either :)

Anyone pulled the interface apart to figure out the credit system either? Guessing it's going to be PIC based?

bazare
6th June, 2011, 02:40 PM
Don't throw money for nothing. Just go to the local tuner.

v8 dave
6th June, 2011, 02:58 PM
If I had the choice, I'd standalone it and fit a huge turbo, but I already have a car like that. It's against my nature to pay for something that I could develop and learn myself. I like the idea of the Revo flash tool, but I disagree with their business practices surrounding their 5 hour software trials (i.e. returning it to a lower power configuration).

I don't particularly want to tune the car, I've bought it because I've not owned a 1.8T before and it was cheap so I thought I'd have a play. I'm not a n00b looking for cheap/free tune.

FAL
15th June, 2011, 09:58 PM
I've been thinking the same thing, over the past few days (mates got a Passat TDi Sport, as a daily hack). Have you bought the China REVO clone yet?

v8 dave
16th June, 2011, 02:10 PM
No, but I think I'm about to give it a shot anyway. At the very least, I could immo off a bunch of ECUs from the scrapyard and flash them to make my money back if it doesn't cover my cost. Actually quite liking the Skoda, bit gutless though. I think it's had a Revo trial in the past, as it couldn't pull the dick off a chocolate mouse but has no error codes.

m1keh
16th June, 2011, 05:25 PM
Revo clone won't immo off most ecu's.

v8 dave
17th June, 2011, 12:46 AM
Didn't say it would; my eprom programmer will though :)

Remapking
19th June, 2011, 01:39 AM
Leave Revo maps alone - trial or paid versions!!

Use independent tuner, or buy a cheap flash tool and send file to reputable tuner

bazaa
19th June, 2011, 10:27 PM
V8 join nefmoto.com download there software and just use a kkl cable to flash your ecu there is already tuned files on there for your car

NefMoto - Index (http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php)

v8 dave
20th June, 2011, 12:04 AM
Already a member on Nefmoto. Been playing with their software, but it only works with ME7, my car is an early one with ME3.8.3 :(