PDA

View Full Version : Peugeot 206 BSI swap.

mashupishu
6th June, 2011, 10:22 PM
Hi everyone!!, how are you? I hope fine.

Could someone help me with a BSI swapping?. The car is a 2002/2001 Peugeot 206 2.0 HRY. The BSI number is 9626460880 03 / S105872300G.

The car has the BSI broken and I'm going to swap it with one from a scrapyard. The problem is that I had done other units before but none of this type, and I can't finde any suitable eeprom chip, so I'm thinking that maybe the target chip will be the motorola one.

The three candidates are: 33193 XBXE, 4949 ED 9028, and the motorola ZC505911CFN.

Any advice on which chip I must take from the old BSI to the working one?.

Thanks for your support, best wishes, Mashu.

mastaflex
6th June, 2011, 11:10 PM
206 have siemens BSI with 95160 chip . sorry but it seems that you have never touched a BSI because 206 one is one of the easy . eprom is alone on the back of the PCB just when you remove the cover ;)

mastaflex
6th June, 2011, 11:19 PM
The problem is that I had done other units before but none of this type, and I can't finde any suitable eeprom chip,

everyone of us need help , it's not a crime to say "I don't know", no need to give a speach that gives a wrong idea from you.

look to this picture , you will know how it's easy to find eprom from siemens BSi from 206. after locating eprom what will you do, if you plane to only swap eprom , i hope that that your second BSI have same software version, otherwise you will have some surprise. 206 siemens BSi can looks same but about 12 versions..

mashupishu
7th June, 2011, 01:14 AM
Hey friends, thanks for your quick reply. Everyday I get more and more surprised about how cool you are.

Well, really this is not my first BSI, it is the second :), but the problem with that unit is that I'm out for a few days and my brother is doing the work under my surveillance (he sends to me some photos and info, from the images it seems to be different that the first one I did). I said him that he must find out all the eight pin smd chips and he reported that there isn't any 95XXX over there, only the 4949 (which seems to be a linear regulator) and the 33193, for which I can't find any info about (I thought that it was a renamed version of the 95160 but I tried to seek out some information without any luck) . I insist him to see on the backside but he confirmed that no chip where there. Now that you have confirmed that, I'm going to tell him off a bit ;).

I try to do all my best but when I can't do it by myself (well by digital-kaos search button ;) ) I go for your kind help that is invaluable. It's very difficult to get used to all the procedures, techniques, and such, some things are really confusing at the beginnings ;).

mastaflex, I would appreciate if you could say to me if there is any way to know the software version of the BSI? or if there are different I must swap also the microcontroller?

Again thanks in advance for your support, regards, Mashu.

mashupishu
7th June, 2011, 03:48 PM
Hello again!!

Well, I had just received some more detailed pictures of the unit and definitively there is no 95160 eeprom on the backside.

On the top layer of the pcb as I said yesterday I can't find any eeprom too, so what do you think?

The Motorola mcu as far as I know (doing some search about the 0D60J maskset), it seems to be a MC68HC05B1, so, this is my target?.

If it is, it is enough with reading its content with x-prog for example? and programming the new unit with that dump?.

It seems the way, but I need to be sure.

Thanks for your support. Best Regards, Mashu

Top Layer (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/339/07062011066.jpg/)
Bottom Layer (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/07062011065.jpg/)
Sticker (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/07062011068.jpg/)

Zmann
7th June, 2011, 04:22 PM
The later year 206 BSI with 95160 has 10 plugs like in the photo, your B2 version should have less. The problem might be that if you can find the same used B2. Swapping data can be later.

mashupishu
7th June, 2011, 05:00 PM
Hi Zmann, how are you? how are things going?

I have the used one, so the procedure is copying the MC68HC05B1 content from the broken unit to the used one?

Thanksssss.

The later year 206 BSI with 95160 has 10 plugs like in the photo, your B2 version should have less. The problem might be that if you can find the same used B2. Swapping data can be later.

Zmann
7th June, 2011, 05:08 PM
Hi everything went well, thanks. Never done these HC05 BSI but only 95160 type. don't know if there are different algo/version among HC05 types. If you have had the same HC05 units why not just swap the mcu, this may leave you less issue.