PDA

View Full Version : EDC16U1 Launch control ?

cardiagnostic
7th June, 2011, 09:27 AM
Anyone can inplement Launch control for this ECU without DSG ?

filecloud
7th June, 2011, 11:22 AM
Anyone can inplement Launch control for this ECU without DSG ?

How should this work when the car has no DSG?

cardiagnostic
7th June, 2011, 02:02 PM
How should this work when the car has no DSG?
its working
solved

AyceeDeeCee
13th June, 2011, 03:07 PM
its working
solved

Be interesting to see how you have done it :)

jovime
15th June, 2011, 04:30 PM
Be interesting to see how you have done it :)

+1

We want some info! :beer:

filecloud
15th June, 2011, 04:51 PM
Hello
Launch Control is a function in DSG gearbox tcu or SMG tcu that tells the ecu to hold rpm while it releases the clutch and enables later shifting points for best acceleration.
Launch control on a manual car works with left and right foot
:-) :-) :-)
greetings,
filecloud

AyceeDeeCee
16th June, 2011, 10:30 AM
Hello
Launch Control is a function in DSG gearbox tcu or SMG tcu that tells the ecu to hold rpm while it releases the clutch and enables later shifting points for best acceleration.
Launch control on a manual car works with left and right foot
:-) :-) :-)
greetings,
filecloud

Disagree sorry.

You can use it in a manual car perfectly well and I do alot of ME7's with this enabled on the ME7 ecu itself.

Never tried a diesel so intrigued to know

filecloud
16th June, 2011, 10:50 AM
Disagree sorry.

You can use it in a manual car perfectly well and I do alot of ME7's with this enabled on the ME7 ecu itself.

Never tried a diesel so intrigued to know
This thread is about EDC16U1, not about ME7!

pablo1971
6th July, 2011, 09:21 PM
yes but +1,would still like to learn how this is done on a diesel..

m1keh
7th July, 2011, 10:10 AM
Hmmm, I thought I'd worked this out but no :(, any hints?

jovime
11th August, 2011, 02:13 PM
Hmmm, I thought I'd worked this out but no :(, any hints?

On an EDC16 manual car is not possible, so don't worry, we where only joking with the post's author.

z786
12th August, 2011, 12:10 AM
its working
solved

if you are willing to post here for help, you shud be willing to post solution also, otherwise that wud make you a leech and members here will no longer help you at all

lolooo1981
12th August, 2011, 01:48 AM
its working
solved

I'm interest too.

Thanks

AyceeDeeCee
15th August, 2011, 09:09 PM
This thread is about EDC16U1, not about ME7!

No Sh!t sherlock! Just saying I understand ME7, but want to know more about EDC16...

I understand the difference between the 2 ECU's......

filecloud
15th August, 2011, 09:44 PM
Hello guys.
Finally. There is no such thing as a launch control on a manual diesel car. Period.
I discussed that with another customer years ago and what he meant was the left foot break option like on me7 cars.
You can adjust the rev/injection ammount for detected brake/clutch on almost all diesel cars. This is a security function of course.
But what it is good for? You press the clutch, insert the gear, keep the brake with the heel and press the throttle with the tip to keep it on 3000rpm. Then you flip the break, release the clutch and off you go.
This has no advantage except that you may feel a bit like Walter Roehrl in his S1 on Pikes Peak. If i do it the easy way with the clutch, throttle and handbreak i bet iam quicker.
greetings,
filecloud

pablo1971
15th August, 2011, 11:30 PM
VAG 1.9 TDI PD Launch Control - YouTube

check this out.......

filecloud
16th August, 2011, 08:40 AM
This is exactly the function i described earlier. This is boost pr control together with injection limit for enabled break/clutch. But this is no launch control. If others describe it like that they have never driven a car with a real launch control like a DSG GTI or an M3/M5 with pedals. Stupid.