PDA

View Full Version : `REAL CLAIM RONALDO DEAL`

caveman_nige
18th December, 2008, 03:36 PM
A Real Madrid director has been quoted as claiming Cristiano Ronaldo has agreed to join the Spanish giants in the summer.

El Mundo Deportivo, a Barcelona-based sports paper, quotes Pedro Trapote as saying a deal is already tied up, comments that are unlikely to go down well with Alex Ferguson.

"If you are asking me what we are going to do now then I would tell you that we have already signed the best player for the summer," Trapote is quoted as saying.

"The best of the best. It is Cristiano, there is no other. It is better that we do not say anything at the moment, though.

"It is best to not say anything because there are some clauses that prevent us from announcing it. For us, it would be a good time, but we should not do that. But it is not bad, eh?"

Whether Trapote's claims are genuine or not is open for debate. While president Ramon Calderon was never reluctant to comment on Real's summer pursuit of Ronaldo, if they really did have a deal tied up with Ronaldo it seems unlikely they would announce it now, however covertly.

Furthermore, The Times suggests that Real may simply wish to distract attention from their disastrous start to the season, which currently leaves them in seventh place in La Liga, behind even local rivals Atletico.

Ferguson is likely to be furious at what will be seen as the latest attempt to unsettle Ronaldo, who hesistated for most of the summer before finally committing his future to the club.

[]http://msn.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4662758,00.html[]

opsmonkey
18th December, 2008, 05:28 PM
lol @ Real.. they just trying to take the heat off themselves after a shite display in el classico

Ballistic
19th December, 2008, 03:19 AM
lol @ Real.. they just trying to take the heat off themselves after a shite display in el classico

Hehe at that..Gets them back in the news doesnt it...No one really knows what is gonna happen with the winkin wonder...And that probably includes himself...Personally I hope he stays but if he goes then i wont loose any sleep about it ...we have a good nucleus of youngsters coming through who are looking good and I am a firm believer in a squad effort rather than reliying on one player..utd should now that from before the noughties

B

mc3
19th December, 2008, 04:26 PM
I'm a lifelong red and would love to see the smarmy git gone. Take the 100mill and buy someone else. He showed during his "hip injury" that he's not a United player. Instead of passing the ball to Carrick in front of him he did the more difficult thing when you've a sore hip and twisted to kick it out. He left us down to 10 men for three minutes and didn't care. He doesn't care about the team. :manusign:

davieboy.rfc
19th December, 2008, 10:34 PM
i think fergie would rather sell ronaldo 2 queen of the south for pennies rather than sell him 2 madrid.

princesaqib
21st December, 2008, 10:57 AM
MAN UTD AL THE WAY COMON RONALDO!

aftermath
21st December, 2008, 11:02 AM

I second that man.

they do it all the time , every season, its all about the president and getting votes, its nothing to do with football.

also a tactic to unsettle him and Man Utd , to try give themselves a boost.

personally he should have went in the summer for 70 million, they wont get that offer again, and he is not the same player as he was last year.

thered
21st December, 2008, 06:44 PM
no your right aftermath but who could repeat what he done last season,

you know what bugs me though the most out of it all the subbing himself the other week what a c**k

but ive said it on here before a half baked ronaldo is still better than most players but he needs bringing down too earth