PDA

View Full Version : port forwarding

HORNET250
8th June, 2011, 03:53 PM
hi can anyone help im trying to get one dreambox to talk to a second box at a differnet location,dreambox 1 has my fline in it and dreambox 2 has my cline in it,dreambox 1 is connected to a netgear router and dreambox 2 is connected to a adsl sky router,i have logged into my netgear router and port forward 12000 and put dreambox1 ip address in when i do a test with open port check i get this message:

TCP

EXTERNAL IP ADDRESS SHOWS ###########

PING RESULT WE WERE NOT ABLE TO PING YOUR ROUTER

PORT CHECK RESULT THE PORT IS OPEN ON ANOTHER DEVICE

when i check UDP i get this message

EXTERNAL IP ADDRESS SHOWS ###########

PING RESULT WE WERE NOT ABLE TO PING YOUR ROUTER

PORT CHECK RESULT THE PORT IS NOT OPEN OR REACHABLE.

i dont know what i am doing wrong here i just cant get the 2 boxes to communicate with each other do i need to forward port the router at the second location to port 12000 at the other location,also do i have to use dynds or can i just use my normal ip address? any help would be great

cgscott
8th June, 2011, 04:05 PM
You need dyndns address and you need to tell cccam.cfg what port to go through. There is more to it than just opening ports. Receiving is easy no config except a line.

We cant go into great depth here but you will find it all over the web. From a simple config to a more expert one.

southpaw
8th June, 2011, 04:50 PM
dreambox 1 is connected to a netgear router and dreambox 2 is connected to a adsl sky router,

you say one box is connected to a sky router, please tell me its not on sky broadband

piopat
9th June, 2011, 10:14 PM
you say one box is connected to a sky router, please tell me its not on sky broadband

i agree with southpaw it really is not a good idea to cs using sly braodband ,ive sent you a pm with info regarding the cs side and opening a port but your mate might want to consider changing broadband supplier .