PDA

View Full Version : MANCats Installation

renesis
9th June, 2011, 07:51 AM
Hi, I bought a MANCats2 kit from one of the vendors online.
Software comes with a Acronis Image hdd which I restored successfully onto my laptop. (Universal Restore).

Starting up windows and installing all drivers are fine. A Spectrum24 PCMCIA wifi card is included, and installed successfully. IP address of this card must be 192.168.0.1 as per the instructions.

Starting up MANCats, we need to configure the MAC address of the multiplexer (VCI) in MANCats software. Everything has been configured as per the instructions, but MANCats software could not detect the multiplexer.
The GREEN LED is ON, and at times the ORANGE LED is ON. But the center YELLOW LED is never on, ie, never connected successfully to the multiplexer.

When choosing interface, we have 4 choices
1) Radio - WCI ( wifi )
2) Cable- CCI ( LAN )
3) radio - T200 ( N.A for my case )
4) Cable - T200 ( N.A for my case )

When I choose WCI, the screen just flashes and repeats me back to the same screen again to choose the interface. In this sense, I can never get MANCats sw to communicate with the interface, on the truck.

I noticed the harddisk image is for fujitsu C1020, I'm using a Dell 600m. Are there any other configuration options I can try?
There is a LaptopConfiguration.ini file, but modifying it results in MANCats saying there is a hardware mismatch(I think).

Any advise will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

CbIHTON
9th June, 2011, 07:31 PM
A Spectrum24 recoginzed by windows ? is there any yellow mark ( go to device manager and check it please

p.s. important notice you need a truck or bus for pair VCI and notebook

renesis
10th June, 2011, 03:17 AM
hi cbiHton,

Yes, the spectrum24 is recognized by windows. No yellow exclamation mark. I managed to get the spectrum wifi card up and running.
In MANCATS, there are 2 user accounts, MANCATS and MCTeamDev.

In MCTeamDev, I can see that the spectrum is running well.
In MANCATs, as there is limited access to what we can access/run, I can only see from TABMAN's systray that the spectrum is running well.

And yes, the VCI is connected to a MAN TGA truck when I try to pair it up, but to no success...

williboy
8th June, 2012, 09:19 PM
Can you please post the install instructions for man cat II.

augustinbz
14th July, 2012, 12:10 AM
you must set some IP for wifi and different IP for cable connection. after you should write the MAC of your VCI in the software.

sova
22nd July, 2012, 05:50 PM
Hello
Someone have the user manual for T 200?
Please share.
Thank you.