PDA

View Full Version : Land rover discovery 3 TDV6

electromech
9th June, 2011, 08:37 AM
Good day all at DK I have Discovery 3 TDV6 2.7 in and it keeps goind into limp mode due to turbo boost fault the client does not want to pay for new turbo so I was wondering if there is a tuner here that could tune the file for me to adjust the tolerance in the ecm for the boost as not to bring mil light on and the car wont go into limp mode (cause when this happens he need to pull off the road and cycle ignition to get power back) if this is possible what do I need to read this ecm to send file away?

and of cause there will compensation that can be discussed via email

Thanks

filecloud
9th June, 2011, 09:12 AM
Good day all at DK I have Discovery 3 TDV6 2.7 in and it keeps goind into limp mode due to turbo boost fault the client does not want to pay for new turbo so I was wondering if there is a tuner here that could tune the file for me to adjust the tolerance in the ecm for the boost as not to bring mil light on and the car wont go into limp mode (cause when this happens he need to pull off the road and cycle ignition to get power back) if this is possible what do I need to read this ecm to send file away?

and of cause there will compensation that can be discussed via email

Thanks

Hmmm. Allow me some thoughts.
This car you are working on obviously has a defect like a stuck turbo mechanism or something and it goes into limp mode.
The customer has no money to repair the car and no money for a new turbo.
So you want to find a software solution that allows the turbo to overspin even more and the software should ignore it? You know the end of the story? The turbo will die and you will pay for it since you did the software change!
A quicker solution is that you fix the car and mount a new turbo for free and send him away.
greetings,
filecloud

electromech
9th June, 2011, 09:36 AM
Hmmm. Allow me some thoughts.
This car you are working on obviously has a defect like a stuck turbo mechanism or something and it goes into limp mode.
The customer has no money to repair the car and no money for a new turbo.
So you want to find a software solution that allows the turbo to overspin even more and the software should ignore it? You know the end of the story? The turbo will die and you will pay for it since you did the software change!
A quicker solution is that you fix the car and mount a new turbo for free and send him away.
greetings,
filecloud
client fully aware of side effects and risks but he says that it is a fair gamble as these turbos are VERY!!!!!!!!!!! expensive and as for turbo failing sooner I really dont think it will as I just want the ecm to ignore the turbo not boosting enuf pressure as not to put the mil light on so I dont want more power just a adjustment of the file

filecloud
9th June, 2011, 10:57 AM
...the ecm to ignore the turbo not boosting enuf pressure...

So you say the error code is "desired boost pressure NOT reached" or the error code is "boost pressure exceeded"?
I have done loads of these cars and if they had the error "desired boost pressure not reached" it simply was due to a clogged air filter or a broken/split hose in the boost system.
Look for both and you have your solution for free.
;)

electromech
9th June, 2011, 11:41 AM
diagnostic has been done already and it is the turbo actuator ...............fault is lack of boost pressure and it is intermitant and only when travelling long distances

bellautos
16th June, 2011, 05:41 PM
If lasck of boost pressure then you must look at intercooler hoses for splits or delamination, also intercooler for split core, and egr stuck open..

Give me the P fault codes

Pete

grinovsky
16th June, 2011, 06:19 PM
try to clean the turbo and it's N75

P2XA
16th June, 2011, 07:49 PM
Hi! fully agree with Mr.Grinovsky! If turbo is vnt then you must clean blade turbine and the pressure control solenoid valve, of course, control pressure turbine

bellautos
16th June, 2011, 08:27 PM
The TDV6 Lion engine turbo is not a vacuum turbo so no pipes or N75 to test :)

The turbo has an electronic modulator stepper motor attached to it wil signal out attached to confirm vain angle and actuated postion

To clean the turbo vains will mean to remove the turbo and strip it it can not be done on the car.
Also the fault low pressure can be cased by many other mechanical faults on the car but because the turbo is the only electronic utem shows the unrelated fault.

I advise you test the easy parts first as ive seen this fault many times and sometimes the turbo is perfect and its a different fault causing the problem.

Ive done my fare share and know this engine and car inside out with the developement ive done fitting this engine into a Defender with immo off my knowlage of this car is quite high.

See TDV6 Defender on my web page bellautoservices.co.uk (http://www.bellautoservices.co.uk)

of course the turbo can be faulty but you must look at easer parts first

pete

grinovsky
16th June, 2011, 08:53 PM
if you see the picture attached(simulation diagnostic) you will see that we can activate the N75 in this engine by an interface diag to check it's well fonctionnement!!!!
this printscreen is for Discovery 3 TDV6 2.7

kevfield
16th June, 2011, 09:19 PM
http://bellautoservices.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Defender-TDV6-LRO.pdf

I think your wrong see page 2,
Yes it will control elecronic turbo actuator NOT N75 valve because they dont have one

Thanks kev

alexs307
17th June, 2011, 11:41 AM
Mr.G, the only place where you will find a N75 is a VAG model, because N75 represents the specific coding given by VAG to turbo pressure control solenoid valve.
On other brands, it is called turbo pressure control solenoid valve, even your no.1 fan, P2XA, knows this term and uses it properly.
More than that, this car in the topic has an electronic regulated turbocompressor, regulation of turbo pressure is made by a stepper motor. It's not vacuum driven, it's electrical.

grinovsky
17th June, 2011, 12:13 PM
:roflmao:
Mr.G, the only place where you will find a N75 is a VAG model, because N75 represents the specific coding given by VAG to turbo pressure control solenoid valve.
On other brands, it is called turbo pressure control solenoid valve, even your no.1 fan, P2XA, knows this term and uses it properly.
More than that, this car in the topic has an electronic regulated turbocompressor, regulation of turbo pressure is made by a stepper motor. It's not vacuum driven, it's electrical.
too late Mr:alex

P2XA
26th June, 2011, 12:11 PM
As I understand it in these machines is used as a control device in a turbocharged Mercedes and called - actuator.

Kiwibacon
27th June, 2011, 06:38 AM
http://bellautoservices.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Defender-TDV6-LRO.pdf

I think your wrong see page 2,
Yes it will control elecronic turbo actuator NOT N75 valve because they dont have one

Thanks kev

That defender has a slightly different TDV6 engine to the discovery. It is the jaguar version. Apparently the turbo's are different but I don't know all the details.

P2XA
27th June, 2011, 10:00 AM

;)By the way electromagnetic valve about: those that stand in the VAG group cars identical to those that concern uses the PSA. Eg Citroen c5 (9HZdv6ted4 16v 2005) and Scoda octavia 1.9tdi (ASV engine 2003).

v8 dave
27th June, 2011, 10:05 AM
Land Rover = single turbo, Jaguar = twin turbo.

P2XA
27th June, 2011, 10:10 AM
twin turbo= bi turbo...

bellautos
27th June, 2011, 08:41 PM
Its a landrover engine in my Defender , single turbo only :)

Jaguar has twin turbo.

Pete

alexs307
27th June, 2011, 11:13 PM
;)By the way electromagnetic valve about: those that stand in the VAG group cars identical to those that concern uses the PSA. Eg Citroen c5 (9HZdv6ted4 16v 2005) and Scoda octavia 1.9tdi (ASV engine 2003).

Yes, I know, and you will find this type of solenoid valve on other cars, too, maybe the connector is different, but the valve is the same. Still, only for VAG cars the name N75 is correct, as this is the coding given just by VAG to the turbo solenoid. For VAG cars, even if in some cases the EGR solenoid is the same and it can be switched with the turbo one, the EGR solenoid is called different by coding.

For all the other cars, it is correct to call it, as you well said, turbo pressure control solenoid valve.

scs-mem
27th June, 2011, 11:27 PM
Its a landrover engine in my Defender , single turbo only :)

Jaguar has twin turbo.

Pete

LOL,
my big friend Pete here on dk forum.http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

You're welcome.

Sal