PDA

View Full Version : PSP Help Needed Please!

nagra01
13th June, 2011, 06:06 PM
Hi all, i have just bought a psp for my son and i would really appreciate it if someone could help me set it up so i can play downloaded games as i have no idea where to start. My daughter has a nintendo ds and ive got an r4 for that which was quite easy to set up but like i said before im clueless when it comes to psp stuff! What do i need and how do i make the changes within the psp to allow it to play downloads. Could any of you talk me through it step by step? If so i would be really greatful.....Look forward to hearing from you....Nags..:top:

sam27
13th June, 2011, 06:30 PM
Hi there,

What firmware version is your psp using? you can check by going to Settings and let me know and i will get back to you as soon as possable.

nagra01
13th June, 2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks, its version is 6.20 hope you ca help me....

sam27
13th June, 2011, 08:19 PM
HI there go to the link below and if u get stuck on anything i will explain it for you.

Installation - procfw - HowTo: Install PRO CFW on your PSP - X-Generation Aftermarket Firmware for Playstation Portable? - Google Project Hosting (http://code.google.com/p/procfw/wiki/Installation)

nagra01
13th June, 2011, 08:35 PM
When i click on the highlighted words on that page i just get a description, is there any way i can get the downloads i need to do it? I really am a beginner at this kind of thing haha....thanks

sam27
14th June, 2011, 12:52 AM
Hi go to the link Installation - procfw - HowTo: Install PRO CFW on your PSP - X-Generation Aftermarket Firmware for Playstation Portable? - Google Project Hosting (http://code.google.com/p/procfw/wiki/Installation) and on the top of the page go to download and click on to 620PRO_b6.rar then extract the file and plug in your psp to your computer then goto my computer open removable disk and copy all the folders you extracted to the PSP/GAME subfolder and now make a new folder on the root called iso on the removable disk then disconnect the psp then restart it and goto memory stick and start proupdata on your psp now read the rest of the page of the link.

nagra01
14th June, 2011, 09:21 PM
So now ive done that do i need a pandora battery to play downloaded games? Thanks for making it easier for me by the way, id be really stuck without u haha...

nagra01
14th June, 2011, 09:26 PM
If it would be easier for you to message me with instructions then please do, especially if u feel unsafe posting it on here, thanks

sam27
16th June, 2011, 05:03 AM
No you do not need a pandora battery just put the iso files into the ISO folder on your psp sorry i made a mistake when i told you to make the ISO folder on the psp make sure you name it in Caps ISO not iso on the root of the psp removable disk

nagra01
16th June, 2011, 08:51 PM
Really struggling with this, nothing seems to be happening at all, ive followed all ur instructions and installed everything you told me to but my psp hasnt changed, how do i know if im doing it right? Ive been quoted ?20 to get it sorted at my local phone shop but i dont really want to be paying that when it seems so simple to do myself.....i just cant do it though haha! I understand if you are getting frustrated with having to keep explain things to me, im just terrible when it comes to this kind of stuff!

covina
13th August, 2011, 01:02 AM
hi , i would like to be some help if you dont mind, i have a psp with ( 6.20 d ) i can assist in setting up cfw on your handheld ive had mine since last year this way , it can be done and i can show u ,all u need to know is how to use a computer . dont hesitate to msg me for instr , take care

nagra01
21st August, 2011, 08:55 PM
Hi covina ive messaged you have you got them mate?

pspmixer
22nd August, 2011, 03:02 PM
try looking on youtube for detailed tut, this way you can follow along at your pace

hotlife
22nd November, 2011, 02:20 PM
Ive been quoted ?20 to get it sorted at my local phone shop but i dont really want to be paying that when it seems so simple to do myself

nagra01
22nd November, 2011, 07:06 PM
Hotlife whats the problem?