PDA

View Full Version : Sony Play TV DTT on a Vu?

neolxs
14th June, 2011, 10:25 AM
hi all,

Does anyone know if there are any drivers or if it is possible to use the sony Ps3 Play TV DTT on the Vu?

The Play TV is a usb DTT tuner so it fits but does it work?

Many Thanks

dell_xps
14th June, 2011, 11:35 PM
Doubt it m8, think it's a sundtek make thats works with the VU+ duo/solo,might be a few more will have a look when I get a minute.

neolxs
15th June, 2011, 12:24 AM
Doubt it m8, think it's a sundtek make thats works with the VU+ duo/solo,might be a few more will have a look when I get a minute.

UPDATE!!!!!

It works and its a dual tuner! LOL

Looked around the web and found nothing, and then I decided to read up about the Play TV device, it seems it uses the same specs as the Nova HD drivers!

Used the Nova drivers and it works perfect.

Im using it for Irish DTT and it picks up the RTE 2 HD and all the other channels, with the added bonus of being a dual tuner!

Well chuffed!

Seen a play TV selling on ebay for 6 quid the other day, 6 quid for a dual hd tuner for a Vu lol!

Im using Vix 2.2 aswell!

dell_xps
15th June, 2011, 12:51 AM
Cheers m8 for the info :-)

profixit
16th June, 2011, 03:05 PM
Boys this is awesome news.

As a die hard PS scene fan/activist. I've recently turned my attention satellite receivers.

I know Play TV DTT works on windows with a patched driver.. I find it not very reliable tho

I'm very interested to see what it's like in my Vu+Duo
I'm very surprised to read it supports HD. I don't even think sony allow it to do that.
I haven't updated Play TV, as want my ps3 to remain on CFW.

Your really lucky to pick one of these up for 6 pounds. I buy them from time to time off eBay. ?20 including delivery. Is the best price I've paid.

Still very good news and defiantly worth trying tonight!

profixit
16th June, 2011, 03:11 PM
Hi All,
Vu+duo, Vix 2.2 sly ready few cams pre installed.
Downloaded and Installed driver for PlayTv. No problem.
Automatic scan of channels, done. No problem.

Now how do i use it?

Thanks Angelo

neolxs
17th June, 2011, 11:30 AM
Hi All,
Vu+duo, Vix 2.2 sly ready few cams pre installed.
Downloaded and Installed driver for PlayTv. No problem.
Automatic scan of channels, done. No problem.

Now how do i use it?

Thanks Angelo

The channels will be in the last scanned bouquet. Use the normal channel editor to place them where u want.

extrasmooth
23rd June, 2011, 02:06 PM
I'm very interested to see what it's like in my Vu+Duo
I'm very surprised to read it supports HD. I don't even think sony allow it to do that.

Just to clarify, UK HD channels will not work with PlayTV on a VU+Duo. The terrestrial UK HD channels require a DVB-T2 tuner and the PlayTV is only a twin DVB-T tuner. Irish terrestrial HD channels will work correctly as they do not use DVB-T2.

This makes it an even bitter bit of kit for any Irish VU+Duo owners.
For UK VU+ owners it is an easy, cheap way of adding twin SD terrestrial tuners.