PDA

View Full Version : problem with dbox

rob6007
23rd April, 2008, 09:16 PM
hi guys i have done everything i should have on this dbox for the glasgow area . uploaded the new boquets and scanned for the channels and reloadeed aswell as told to do in another post .

but still have no channels except freeview tele .

is there something i havent done or something i have done wrong .

the other dbox i done in the same area worked no problem without uploading the new service and boquets. but for some reason this one is fighting with me :boxing:

Devilfish
23rd April, 2008, 09:25 PM
If you're only getting free channels then it's nothing to do with a scan or services.

It's to do with the EMU auto updating the keys.

Go here...

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1273

...and download the 3 .bin files. Use an ftp program and copy the 3 files to the /var/keys folder and the /var/scce folder on your dbox2.

Also copy the camd_cfg and mg_cfg files to your PC and open them with wordpad. Look for a section like this...

# AU
# 00 is ignored (default)
# 01 enable AU
# 02 AU Auto
A: {01}

Change it so that it looks like this...

# AU
# 01 enable AU
# 02 AU Auto
A: {02}

Save the files and ftp them back to the /var/keys folder.

Now go to sky sports 1 and reboot the box using the 'reboot now' option in the dbox menu.

When it comes back on, it should be on sky sports 1 and it should clear within 10 seconds. Make sure you're using EVOCAMD.

If you still can't get it working, go here and follow the instructions. It's in the dreambox section but the same applies for the dbox.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1496

rob6007
26th April, 2008, 12:48 PM
If you're only getting free channels then it's nothing to do with a scan or services.

It's to do with the EMU auto updating the keys.

Go here...

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1273

...and download the 3 .bin files. Use an ftp program and copy the 3 files to the /var/keys folder and the /var/scce folder on your dbox2.

Also copy the camd_cfg and mg_cfg files to your PC and open them with wordpad. Look for a section like this...

# AU
# 01 enable AU
# 02 AU Auto
A: {01}

Change it so that it looks like this...

# AU
# 01 enable AU
# 02 AU Auto
A: {02}

Save the files and ftp them back to the /var/keys folder.

Now go to sky sports 1 and reboot the box using the 'reboot now' option in the dbox menu.

When it comes back on, it should be on sky sports 1 and it should clear within 10 seconds. Make sure you're using EVOCAMD.

If you still can't get it working, go here and follow the instructions. It's in the dreambox section but the same applies for the dbox.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1496

Thanks kaos . i think i have already downloaded the 3 bin files but i will try again. as for the cam_cfg part . i think i know what you mean when you say open wih word and alter so it has 02 . but i can do this manually aswell cant i .

father ted
26th April, 2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks kaos . i think i have already downloaded the 3 bin files but i will try again. as for the cam_cfg part . i think i know what you mean when you say open wih word and alter so it has 02 . but i can do this manually aswell cant i .

wot he means is look for that file open it via wordpad the ftp it back to where you got it from

cgy
29th April, 2008, 05:35 PM
Which image and EMU are you using, It will be easier to give you advice knowing this...

rob6007
29th April, 2008, 06:15 PM
the image is commando . its a old box . and the emu . not sure what you mean by that sorry

Jaffa
29th April, 2008, 06:21 PM
Emu is the emulator, ie: Evocamd, Gbox, mgcamd etc. You usually find it by pressing blue button and going to emu settings or softcam settings.

cgy
30th April, 2008, 09:57 AM
You said you uploaded new bouquets, did you do this with a cross over cable?
If so you could download a newer image pretty easily (I can give you instructions).

If you are getting the free channels then down load laky pro and I'm pretty sure this would fix your problem.

blade31
2nd May, 2008, 09:03 PM
ive got a nokia dbox2 i do a service scan it finds 32 transpondres but no channels can any body help

blade31
2nd May, 2008, 09:09 PM
i changed the chip bfg94 on the tuner to no avail

blade31
2nd May, 2008, 09:10 PM
and also aquired a tuner and replaced and still no joy

blade31
2nd May, 2008, 09:11 PM
can any body help cos ive gone bald now

blade31
2nd May, 2008, 09:22 PM
whats the best image to flash with if that is whats causeing the problem

cgy
3rd May, 2008, 07:49 AM
Use any of the new AU images.

Check to see how many flash chips you have in your box, as the image you need will be x1 for 1 chip or x2 for 2 chips. You need to open it and check. It will have 1 or 2 chips.
Then you can download the image you need from the Big maq toolbar (google it). Once you have the image down loaded use a cross over cable to ftp the image to your box. A program called flash fxp is probably best for doing this.

JamesieM
3rd May, 2008, 09:59 AM
My post is similar. My retired dad lives in the Glasgow cable area and he's going mental at losing his cable stations- and annoying my mum.

I have his dbox2 (2X1 chip) at my home and managed to connect and get in via flashFXP so I have access into the box with a cross over cable.

Before I flash the box, is that the right thing to start with? He has a really old version of sportser (the box must be 3-4yrs old).....would updating this be the best solution or should I try and mess about with the keys (there is no way of changing keys on it with the remote)

Any help would be appreciated and would stop my old man phoning me every day to ask if it's fixed yet

Jaffa
3rd May, 2008, 10:12 AM
My post is similar. My retired dad lives in the Glasgow cable area and he's going mental at losing his cable stations- and annoying my mum.

I have his dbox2 (2X1 chip) at my home and managed to connect and get in via flashFXP so I have access into the box with a cross over cable.

Before I flash the box, is that the right thing to start with? He has a really old version of sportser (the box must be 3-4yrs old).....would updating this be the best solution or should I try and mess about with the keys (there is no way of changing keys on it with the remote)

Any help would be appreciated and would stop my old man phoning me every day to ask if it's fixed yet

Dosnt matter the age of dbox m8, they are all old. I would flash the new Blad Quad image which is in downloads section, it has the AU fix already there and is good to go.

Use flashfxp and save your services and bouquets. In case you dont know to do that, go to /var/tuxbox/config/zapit and save the services.xml and bouquets.xml to your pc.

Then unrar the image and ftp it to /tmp and use your remote to flash the image, then use ftp to put services and bouquets back.

10 minutes and you will be sorted.

JamesieM
3rd May, 2008, 10:17 AM
Cheers Mate, got the required posts so I'll try the blade image and backing up the files.

Wish me luck

Jaffa
3rd May, 2008, 10:19 AM
Cheers Mate, got the required posts so I'll try the blade image and backing up the files.

Wish me luck

No luck needed m8...it will work a treat.

JamesieM
3rd May, 2008, 10:40 AM
Cheers Jaffa, I got the blade image into the dbox and backed up the files.

I'm just beepin not sure how to reflash with the remote. I've gone into the services menu and when I go for update image, browse for the blade image in the tmp folder I get the message teh updates are out of sync.

I presume I'm trying to update the original sportster? Where do I select to reflash the entire device?

Jaffa
3rd May, 2008, 10:45 AM
Most menus are slightly different but it will be something like.

dbox
service
update image/software
flash one partiton
flash without bootloader
then choose Blade and press o.k then red to flash.

try that m8.

JamesieM
3rd May, 2008, 11:09 AM
Cheers Mate....menu was slightly different but got there in the end.

I'll take it over to the old man's this afternoon and make his day. If that's all there is to it then it was a 10 minute job afterall!

Do I need to update keys on the Blade image now or will it auto update?

Thanks again Jaffa, I'd buy you a few pints if I could

Jaffa
3rd May, 2008, 11:18 AM
You dont need to udate anything m8, once you have your service and bouquets back on then just go to:

dbox
service
reload channel lists and change to an encrypted channel and it should clear almost immediately.

It wil then auto update itself.

I couldnt remember sportster menu but it may have had expert functions aswell in it but at least you sused it.

JamesieM
3rd May, 2008, 12:31 PM
just tested the dbox and it alll works ok! cheers for all your help