PDA

View Full Version : Belkin n600

lagerland
16th June, 2011, 04:00 PM
Afternoon DKers been looking at this router as its dual band just wondering if they are any good are they good value does it give the speed it states. ie 600 mbps,any feedback would be wellcome thanks in advance ave a good one..................

Ok then its been on here for 24 hours and no answers so i will take it from that they are shit looks like the netgear then.......................

Furax
19th June, 2011, 06:03 PM
You will never get the speed it says.. its always "upto" Also its only ever rated to 300mbs not 600mbs. each wireless N is 150mbs

I dont like belkin personally, its overpriced crap. Netgear is generally a safter bet.

I got a TP link one to replace my old dead router though, its dual wireless N etc provides a good range/speed at half the cost of that belkin (and probably the netgear)

its also got gigibit lan ports which is nice too, what use is fast wifi if your transferring via a slow lan :P

This is the router -
TL-WR1043ND

if you need adsl like me i went for the

TP 8816 in bridge mode. That way if the router ever fails you can at least get 1 machine online to buy a new one with :P Failing that you can just get a dumb modem and get the TP 8810.

Separating the modem and router out doesnt really add any extra complications.. you configure the dialing in the router control panel still

lagerland
20th June, 2011, 11:59 AM
Thanks fruax mate i went for netgear wndr3400 in the end thanks for feedback....................