PDA

View Full Version : message to all sv users (cable side)

Shady
17th June, 2011, 10:56 AM
I feel for you sv guys, i really do, but these constant 'bash the kiddy' posts are doing nobody any good.
I understand that you're frustrated, but, (and you wont want to hear this), you are involved in dodgy tv, by the very nature of what you hope to achieve, you are going to come into contact with LOTS of dodgy people, and again, by the definition of what they are doing, the s/v servers ARE dodgy people.
When Nagra3 hit us, we on the cable side moaned a bit then, but because there was nothing we could do about it, we put it down to experience and moved on.
I've been flamed in the sv threads in the past for suggesting this, but I honestly believe its time for you guys to also move on.
The kiddy or someone similiar may well be on in the future promising this and that, and your boxes may work again; but for how long till the next time?
Sorry if it all sounds harsh lads :)

Federer16
17th June, 2011, 11:03 AM
yes you make fair point shadyback, but SAT & CABLE are both dodgy, sv team are just extra dodgy, and most of you wont like me saying this, but the FORUMS we go to are also dodgy, cos thats where we get the firmwares from...isnt that call dodgy or are you telling me what we all say in forums are not dodgy? evry1 knows the reasons we go to forums, what we gonna discuss etc etc

Shady
17th June, 2011, 11:10 AM
of course both sat and cable without paying the providers is dodgy, the difference is, that sat users have a choice of which dodgy people they pay their money too, whereas the majority of cable users dont.
You may remember when nagra3 hit us in the uk, there was no support from anybody on how to get the channels back, we were all ~~~~ed, we all had the same questions "when" "what can we do??" the answer then is the same as the answer now,
'put it down to experience/bad luck and move on'

cgscott
17th June, 2011, 11:13 AM
yes you make fair point shadyback, but SAT & CABLE are both dodgy, sv team are just extra dodgy, and most of you wont like me saying this, but the FORUMS we go to are also dodgy, cos thats where we get the firmwares from...isnt that call dodgy or are you telling me what we all say in forums are not dodgy? evry1 knows the reasons we go to forums, what we gonna discuss etc etc

Anything illegal is dodgy. Now i think what shady is stating is that there are far more stable alternatives out there and that the starview isnt one of them at the moment.

People flame about paying for a box then not getting it all the time the same as when the codes kept changing last year before N3. The forums went mad.

If people would just take a bit more time reading instead of coming on sayin "My box is down" then we wouldnt have a 1000 post thread full of crap.

Alternatives are there and are a lot smoother and reliable than starview and kryptview but the people who wear blinkers or just cant be bothered to look and read and learn just go on on on about how they have been ripped off. Time they actually sat back and read another section of the forum instead of having the starview or kryptview section bookmarked for easy access.

When you do something which may be deemed illegal then you cant really moan about it when it goes tits up!!

Just my shillings worth.

I think its more frustration on having to sift through post of the same crap that gets members worked up.

And i feel for the Admin and mods because they are the ones mopping it all up to keep the forum a stable and happy place.

Federer16
17th June, 2011, 11:23 AM
BUT...im sure evry1 appreciates the help/assistance & guidance of the forums and their users/mods/admins, including myself. im not bashing the forums, otherwise we wouldnt have free tv, where would we get our firmwares from and the very useful help and advice?

anyways...long live the forums, especially DK

ramjet
17th June, 2011, 11:31 AM
BUT...im sure evry1 appreciates the help/assistance & guidance of the forums and their users/mods/admins, including myself. im not bashing the forums, otherwise we wouldnt have free tv, where would we get our firmwares from and the very useful help and advice?

anyways...long live the forums, especially DK

I certainly wouldnt call it "free tv" , as none of it is free , there is always some costs to bear in mind

but as stated earlier , you have choices when using ethernet connected satellite boxes , and no choices whatsoever when using the 2 current cable boxes

Federer16
17th June, 2011, 11:38 AM
yes, STARVIEW are selfish C***S, locking the software to their servers only. Thats the downside and disadvantage of a closed source box i suppose. But these guys are Xtra Xtra selfish and greedy, as a team/group.

snedz1967
17th June, 2011, 11:39 AM
Anything illegal is dodgy. Now i think what shady is stating is that there are far more stable alternatives out there and that the starview isnt one of them at the moment.

People flame about paying for a box then not getting it all the time the same as when the codes kept changing last year before N3. The forums went mad.

If people would just take a bit more time reading instead of coming on sayin "My box is down" then we wouldnt have a 1000 post thread full of crap.

Alternatives are there and are a lot smoother and reliable than starview and kryptview but the people who wear blinkers or just cant be bothered to look and read and learn just go on on on about how they have been ripped off. Time they actually sat back and read another section of the forum instead of having the starview or kryptview section bookmarked for easy access.

When you do something which may be deemed illegal then you cant really moan about it when it goes tits up!!

Just my shillings worth.

I think its more frustration on having to sift through post of the same crap that gets members worked up.

And i feel for the Admin and mods because they are the ones mopping it all up to keep the forum a stable and happy place.

Mm INTERESTING POINTS

Shady
17th June, 2011, 11:40 AM
this thread wasnt supposed to be a sv bashing thread, look what happens to those threads.. they get closed understandably...

alotmentman
17th June, 2011, 11:40 AM
there all just has bad but were all dodgy /arent we were all on dodgy sites so wot we all take the gamble //lets sit back and enjoy this dodgy tv /cheap un cheer full //

alotmentman
17th June, 2011, 11:42 AM
here here sv keep it up slow but shore tv cheapest out ////

ASEK
17th June, 2011, 03:15 PM
well i hope ppl vote with there feet, what is i heard ?45 for another 12 month sub, id think about adding a few ?s to that and get something more reliable if it was me.

stejo
17th June, 2011, 04:52 PM
Just a question For THEMEGAKIDDY when he comes online...

Can you explain how you can justify charging people for information which is classed as illegal....
Ok you can make money from information but the file that you are suppose to be sending people to get there system back up and running on 6-12 months is classed as illegal. (UNLESS YOU ARE INVOLVED WITH VERMIN)...

FACTS

People buy the information off you at a cost (WHICH IS RESONABLE)
People put this information that they receive off you and put into there system is ILLEGAL
The person that puts the information on there system gets arrested... Do you get off scott free because of immunity...

Do you pay vermin a percentage to give this information out to people that would get arrested anyway.

And only paying via PAYPAL are they not only suppose to deal with upboard businesses if not then PAYPAL must be corrupt...

EVERYTHING YOUR DOING THEMEGAKIDDY IS ILLEGAL

Something sound really dodgy for you to charge people for this information or is there any information and its not a big con....

I think THEMEGAKIDDY and his team works for VERMIN or has some involvement or is a big stitchup because I know COMMON PURPOSE (GOOGLE COMMON PURPOSE) guys

satsmo
17th June, 2011, 05:01 PM
Shady did start the thread with all good intentions and also noted what happens to threads if not used correctly as he quoted right above http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/message-all-sv-users-cable-side-212608/#post1143147 and I had closed another earlier referencing why http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/starview-where-suppport-kiddy-posted-awol-again-212604/

This will continue until some form of sanity returns to this section. I will say I also know there are more than disgruntled customers here and we have lets say one or two with ulterior motives. But that's for another thread and I am sure our members here can see who is here and if for genuine reasons or not.

On that note another thread is closed.