PDA

View Full Version : Vonets

packmanuk
17th June, 2011, 08:54 PM
I'm trying to use a vonets wireless bridge to connect to my browser.

I seem to of setup my network ok on the dreambox (but how do you know for sure) ? But can't connect from my pc using the vonets software.

It doesn't find any wifi bridge.

The vonets only has 2 wires the ethernet cable and usb wire which I connect to the dreambox. Is this right ? It goes an amber colour, will this change if I connect or does it stay this colour ?

I'm trying to use dreamedit but can't connect from my pc so need to get this sorted out.

andy91
17th June, 2011, 09:04 PM

I seem to of setup my network ok on the dreambox (but how do you know for sure) ? But can't connect from my pc using the vonets software.

The vonets only has 2 wires the ethernet cable and usb wire which I connect to the dreambox. Is this right ? It goes an amber colour, will this change if I connect or does it stay this colour ?

I'm trying to use dreamedit but can't connect from my pc so need to get this sorted out.

You can do a network test on the dreambox in Menu/System/Network.

That will tell you if its connecting ok.

Andy.

packmanuk
17th June, 2011, 09:15 PM
I've done that and everything is ok except for nameserver which says unconfirmed.

I'm sure i've got the right settings so I don't know what the problem could be.

Any ideas.

I've also got dchp disabled on the dreambox, is this right ?

andy91
17th June, 2011, 09:17 PM
I've done that and everything is ok except for nameserver which says unconfirmed.

I'm sure i've got the right settings so I don't know what the problem could be.

Any ideas.

I've also got dchp disabled on the dreambox, is this right ?

In the Nameserver go back and change it to the ip of the router.
Then so a network test again.
Nameserver and default gateway are the routers ip addy.
I have my Dhcp disabled cos i want a static ip.

Andy.

packmanuk
17th June, 2011, 09:34 PM
I have a dynamic ip does that matter ?

How do I get my router IP ?

I seem to have a lan ip address a broadcast lan ip a wap ip and a computer ip. I also have a server ip address.

Why can't these things be easy ?

Hopefully be worth it in the end though.

andy91
17th June, 2011, 09:38 PM
I have a dynamic ip does that matter ?

How do I get my router IP ?

I seem to have a lan ip address a broadcast lan ip a wap ip and a computer ip. I also have a server ip address.

Why can't these things be easy ?

Hopefully be worth it in the end though.

If you go on your laptop or pc and hit start/type in cmd it will bring a black box up,type in ipconfig/all then hit enter you should find it in there it will be default gateway.

Andy.

freck
17th June, 2011, 09:43 PM
Theyre not very reliable unless youve walls made of rice paper.
They will work but will drive you crazy.....could be wrong but a friend of mine nearly wrecked the house after installin them:roflmao:
freck

andy91
17th June, 2011, 09:46 PM
Theyre not very reliable unless youve walls made of rice paper.
They will work but will drive you crazy.....could be wrong but a friend of mine nearly wrecked the house after installin them:roflmao:
freck

Ive Orange homeplugs and never had a problem with them.
Google the brand of your router you should get the ip up for it that way as well.

Andy.

packmanuk
17th June, 2011, 10:12 PM
This is driving me mad. Its still not working.

When I do the cmd command I get the following -

ip address
subnet mask
default gateway
dhcp server
dns server

The bottom 3 are actually all the same figure.

So the ip address I get here goes where on the network setup ? IP address or nameserver ?

And if its nameserver where do I get the other figure for ip address.

I've tried lots of combinations and nothing seems to work.

southpaw
17th June, 2011, 10:16 PM
A mate had to power his vonets from his wii. As the USB on his dm800 wasn't powerful enough

andy91
17th June, 2011, 10:19 PM
This is driving me mad. Its still not working.

When I do the cmd command I get the following -

ip address
subnet mask
default gateway
dhcp server
dns server

The bottom 3 are actually all the same figure.

So the ip address I get here goes where on the network setup ? IP address or nameserver ?

And if its nameserver where do I get the other figure for ip address.

I've tried lots of combinations and nothing seems to work.

What does the default gateway ip say once u click cmd?

Type it into your browser bar and hit enter,if its the router ip it will bring up a homepage.
Post back your results.

bends
18th June, 2011, 12:28 AM
going back to the bridge. i would have thought that you plug the ethernet into the dreambox. dont know what the usb is for - maybe for configuring or perhaps to connect a usb only pc to the bridge - either way i wouldnt think you want the usb connecting to the dreambox.
I would also suggest using dhcp. what model is the vonets, i'll google it and have a look at the config...

edit:
just had a look at one - the usb is for power. seems a pretty shitty device in my opinion, but if it works.
so you will need to plug the usb in to the dreambox AND the ethernet into the dream too.

i know its late - have i misunderstood, and you've already done this?

bends
18th June, 2011, 12:43 AM
use dhcp on your dreambox. restart the network and then check your settings. they should be VERY similar to your pc. IP address will have the same 1st 3 numbers and a different last number.
all else should be the same.
the default gateway will be your routers IP address. the dhcp server AND dns server will also be your router (the router hands out IP addresses to the local network and also forwards dns requests out to the internet on behalf of your devices).
Another check is to login to your router and check if it can "see" the wifi bridge (and dreambox).

packmanuk
18th June, 2011, 08:06 AM
Yes that's how I plug the vonets into my system.

My pc doesn't see the vonets bridge at all. I would of thought it would see it even if the settings were wrong.

When I turn dchp on with the dreambox all the ip options seem to disappear. Why is this ?

I've got an orange livebox and can see all my settings online but I seem to have a few ip addresses like a LAN ip a wap ip a WLAN ip so just don't know which to use.

bends
18th June, 2011, 11:56 AM
hi,
i doubt your pc will see a bridge. The bridge is meant to pair with the wireless router.
by logging in to the router (use a web browser and enter the address of your default gateway), you should be able to get info about what it can see on the LAN side.
you're probably going to need to read your documentation.

turning dhcp on WILL disable other IP settings. This is because the settings are requested via dhcp from the dhcp server (your router). what you should do on your dreambox is select dhcp, restart your network, check your adapter settings. the ip address it has (if it has one) should be the same as the one on your pc except for the last number. If you dont have one then this is evidence that the bridge hasnt paired with your router.

to be honest mate, if you want it simple, you'd be best taking Andy's advice ang getting homeplugs. Not used them myself but i've heard they're good in a medium sized house (they also suffer distance issues with the internal house wiring, so big houses can present problems).

packmanuk
18th June, 2011, 01:28 PM
I'm close to sending whole system back.

When I enable dhcp the ip address never matches. I've put in every number I have and none work.

Without dhcp I can get the ip number to match but the nameserver is never right.

I don't see how homeplugs will help as the network setup on the dreambox doesn't match, that seems to be the problem.

packmanuk
18th June, 2011, 01:33 PM
Enable DHCP server LAN IP address: Broadcast LAN IP address: Subnet mask:
DHCP start address: DHCP server end address:

Your computer's IP address : 192.161.1.171

WAN IP address :91.103.193.92Gateway :91.103.192.1Primary DNS server :193.35.79.100Secondary DNS server :193.35.79.101

Here is all the info I have with a few numbers changed here and there.

Can someone tell me whih numbers should go where in the setup and i'll try that.

Rizzy00
18th June, 2011, 02:13 PM
Vonets Wifibridge for Dreambox | RepairMyClone (http://www.repairmyclone.com/?p=20)

Rizzy00
18th June, 2011, 02:19 PM
Your default gateway will be something 192.161.1.1

southpaw
18th June, 2011, 02:37 PM
you need to configure the vonets thru your pc or router , not the dreambox , just leave dhcp on in dreambox settings and when you have configured the bridge the dm will pick it up atraight away ,

Simply install the software on the CD supplied on your computer, connect the Wifi Bridge to your computer?s Ethernet port and USB port (for power). Run the software and follow the instructions on screen (here you can specify your wireless routers security, passphrase etc).

packmanuk
18th June, 2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks for that finally got the vonets working. It still doesn't seem to find the nameserver on the test but I can connect on dreamedit.

Next step is going to be to transfer some files. That will be the real test.

mickm1
18th June, 2011, 04:15 PM

u sorted it

packmanuk
18th June, 2011, 05:41 PM
No still not working.

On dreamboxedit if I test the ip connection it says successfully connected to the dreambox on ip address (my address)

So I load the files and go to send them via ftp but get the message -

connecting
disconnecting
disconnected
could not connect to dreambox check ip address, network settings and status of dreambox.

I think the fact that nameserver isn't working on the dreambox is still the problem.

I'm sure the bridge is working now so I just need to get the nameserver number right.

I don't know why the ip test is working on dreamedit but it won't work when sending files.

What now ?

packmanuk
18th June, 2011, 05:54 PM
Now i'm getting all green ticks when I do a network test on the dreambox but still the same message about not connecting when trying to transfer files from my pc.

Have no idea what to do now. Finally got it working on the dreamboc, the vonets is working ok but still can't transfer files.

packmanuk
18th June, 2011, 05:58 PM
When I do test username/password on dreamboxedit it won't connect.

I get the message could not connect to the dreambox on ip address port 21 check ip address and port number and try again.

bubbles69
18th June, 2011, 06:10 PM
You dont need to edit a name servers, just choose dhcp yes, it will do it all automatic and give you ip, then use the dchp ip, witch will be like 192.168.1.5 and that is it, dont know what your doing sounds like manual

packmanuk
18th June, 2011, 06:16 PM
I've setup the network using dchp on the dreambox and get all green ticks. All the addresses filled themselves automatically so that seems fine.

Its when I go to my pc and try to ftp files to the dreambox i'm having problems. Its on the dreamboxedit programme on the pc that when I test the username/password I get the can't connect message.

bends
18th June, 2011, 06:55 PM
what's the IP address of your dreambox.
whats the ip of your pc?

on your pc, open a command prompt (start, run, cmd)
type "ping nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn" enter.
the n's are the address of your dreambox.

let us know what you get.

packmanuk
18th June, 2011, 07:01 PM
Got it working. The ip on my dreambox was different to the dreamedit programme. Transfered files and everythings fine. Thanks everyone for your help.

Now i've got another problem though. The screen keeps changing between wide and 16.9 and other resolutions. When its on the pictures fine.

I don't think its the tv maybe the dvi cable ? Or do I need to change some settings ?

bubbles69
18th June, 2011, 10:07 PM
yes be settings av/settings change 4.3 to say just scale,.

packmanuk
18th June, 2011, 10:09 PM
I did that and ity works fine now so thanks for that.

packmanuk
19th June, 2011, 02:15 PM
Its actually still flickering on most menus even after i've set these 2 things to scale.

xichas
10th April, 2012, 12:07 PM
Hi all

I have vonets working on a dreambox 500s everithing fine if I connect them both at the same time, but if I need for some reason to make a dreambox reboot internet on dreambox never conncts again... Need some help please

andy91
10th April, 2012, 12:14 PM
Hi all

I have vonets working on a dreambox 500s everithing fine if I connect them both at the same time, but if I need for some reason to make a dreambox reboot internet on dreambox never conncts again... Need some help please

Will be because you have dhcp enabled.
Most have a static ip address so every time you reboot the dreambox or turn it on or off it keeps the same ip address.
Sounds like you have a dynamic ip address so everytime you turn the internet on or off or turn the dreambox on and off it enables a new ip address to the dreambox.
Static is alot easier.

Andy.

onibudo
2nd May, 2012, 01:07 PM
the software that comes wiyh my vonets is not good and am trying to download it from internet but i cant fine the software can any one give me a good link pls.

Federer16
2nd May, 2012, 05:01 PM
hi, im looking to get a vonets wifi bridge for my blade hd box. which one is better, the BLUE or the BLACK? cheers

"ONIBUDO"
have u tried this website;

Wifi Bridge (http://www.wifibridge.co.uk/)