PDA

View Full Version : Modify Favourites

insom1337
18th June, 2011, 01:39 PM
Hi All,

How do I modify favorites on my VU?

Its currently setup in lots of different folders i.e. sports, music, movies, HD, etc but I want to add my own custom folder and try to replicate the freeview / sky channel orders?

I've read something about downloading bouquet files, but I cant find these, and I assume these are just preset favourites that you can somehow load?

Thanks in advance,

insom1337

RuberDuck
18th June, 2011, 01:44 PM
there are many many premade bouquet files already in existence that you can quickly and easily load to your box. i'll pm you.

insom1337
18th June, 2011, 01:49 PM
Thanks mate, appreciate your help

insom1337
18th June, 2011, 02:06 PM
RuberDuck - is there a way to add / remove favourites, including those within subfolders, through just the remote?

Thanks

insom1337
18th June, 2011, 02:24 PM
Im looking at using that DreamboxEdit program now - but not sure which bouquet files to download.. there are so many options and im not sure which I need..

We dont have a motorised dish just a standard sly dish, which would i need for just my regular Sly channels?

Thanks

RuberDuck
18th June, 2011, 02:37 PM
you can use the SGTFlipFlop bouquets for sky uk or if you want a bouquet that matches the sky uk channel lineup try the VIX team / silverfox bouquet.

insom1337
18th June, 2011, 03:18 PM
Thanks mate, think im sorted now on the favourites!

My only remaining query would be how can I add a decent EPG which shows upcoming shows like on sky etc?

RuberDuck
18th June, 2011, 03:45 PM
theres one built into the VIX image as standard.

insom1337
18th June, 2011, 03:49 PM
From what i have briefly seen, you can only scroll down channel by channel and see what is currently on - as opposed to being able to also scroll left and right to see whats coming up next etc.. ?

Am I doing something wrong?

RuberDuck
18th June, 2011, 04:11 PM
those questions may be best presented on the VIX forum but you can scroll left and right on the epg once setup, you can even have your picons showing within the epg.

i'm at work at the moment and as such not infront of my Vu+Uno so i can only offer limited help at present.

insom1337
18th June, 2011, 06:13 PM
thanks for all your help mate.

Ive realise you can hold down the EPG button for a choice of different menus, and the default is a single station one which isnt very useful - i've just gotta find out how to change the default now to the nice blue GUI one.

Another issue though is that the blue EPG doesnt fill the screen its just a box in the middle and is a bit small.

Thanks