PDA

View Full Version : Help with flashing dreambox 500

Archikia
24th April, 2008, 02:22 AM
Hi,

I have a Dreambox 500, It recently lost most of the channels and I done the "flashing process" from the original Dream website.
I downloaded their framework and image onto PC, I then connected cables, opened the framework and flashed the box with the image. The box was flashed successfully and it looks like it's running a new programme. I did what it said on the tin. I have now lost all the channels. It does not find transponder/cable provider during setup, so no channels found during search.
What did I do wrong? was this not men't for cable box's?
What would be the framework and image for me to fash it with again?
Regards,
Archikia..

Devilfish
24th April, 2008, 05:40 AM
The image that's on the dream website is a base image without any scanning settings. Flashing this image to your box gives you a stable position to start from as you know your box is in a working state. You now need to flash it with the DW v2 image, this will have all the scanning settings included for the UK and Ireland and you will be able to get the channels.

Archikia
24th April, 2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks m8,
I try Flashing the DW v2 image to the box.
It's a good job I have to make 5 posts before I can download, there would be no telling what I would have tried by now.
Thanks again.
Archikia..

Smallz
24th May, 2008, 01:09 PM
Hi, im a noob can anyone tell me how to flas the dw image??

aftermath
24th May, 2008, 01:19 PM
[U]
Hi, im a noob can anyone tell me how to flas the dw image??

First rule is get a null modem cable and a crossover cable.

rule 2 . get used to using an ftp programme ( this is to transfer files to and from your pc to your box ).

try and find a programme that will flash your box ( i.e. flash wizard pro ).

get the image from somewhere that has everything built in if you can, roms, keys, AU e.t.c

Best thing to do is read up as much as you can on here, and take notes of the helpfull bits.