PDA

View Full Version : xbox live console update

jake1970
24th April, 2008, 08:50 AM
does anyone know if it is safe to to do this new console update with modded 360? dont really wanna get banned

violentj
24th April, 2008, 11:30 AM
at a guess id say new update-gta4=ban this is pure speculation mind but it would make sense for ms

thommo
24th April, 2008, 12:05 PM
id go with that too... random updates = bad lol.

jake1970
24th April, 2008, 01:36 PM
yer this is what i thought ,not updating just yet especially now gta is available

C64
24th April, 2008, 03:34 PM
If you ever want to play online then you'll need to accept the update anyway, there's no point in holding off.

No update = no live and you may aswell be banned!

jake1970
24th April, 2008, 04:25 PM
wise words and very true "but im gonna still let someone else do it first " lol

Raven
24th April, 2008, 08:53 PM
That's the risk that some people take, when they play games too early, before the official release with their hard drive plugged in....and the inevitability is they get banned from Live sooner or later. Microsoft ain't stupid when it comes to money or big game releases, they did it with Halo 3 when that was coming out and I guarantee they will do it again with GTA IV.

It's only been on newsgroups a couple of days and already they got MS attention with the mass downloading and playing of it.

smirnoff_rules
24th April, 2008, 09:03 PM
lm sure alot of these is dowm to luck and not checking the stelth patch .. well that was the main problem with halo , l played that well before the release date . cant remember the group l downloaded it from but the guys that downloaded the different one seem the be the ones that where banned , unless your witchy and plays anything at any time and never seen a ban ..

my m8 has 5.3 on his box and plays them when ever l give him a disc , its been ok for over a year ..

r names might be down on the next wave ??

jake1970
25th April, 2008, 07:49 AM
played on live myself for a bout 7 months no problems always check iso's for stealth

gavo2008
27th April, 2008, 07:13 PM
no a good idea if its been chipped they know and it stops you from playing online

jake1970
4th May, 2008, 10:53 PM
i finally plucked up courage to do the console update ,and nothing has changed at all ,and ive been playing gta 4 back up for days now and so far all is well lol

Dandaman1969
5th May, 2008, 08:43 AM
A mate told me about xbconnect.

I downloaded it and gave it a try and hey presto it worked.
Instead of going through xbox live you set up or search for a game using system link on your xbox 360 game and runninng xbc on your PC/latop as long as you have a network set up.

here is a link to download xbc, I thoughtg it may be of use to you guys.

http://www.xbconnect.com/index.php?topic=downloads

jims
12th May, 2008, 11:49 PM

Instead of going through xbox live you set up or search for a game using system link on your xbox 360 game and runninng xbc on your PC/latop as long as you have a network set up.

have you tried xlink kai I used kai with the xbox1
h**p://teamxlink.co.uk/
the ping limit for hosting 360 games on kai is 30ms
so no go for me

Neutrino
25th May, 2008, 01:36 PM

thanx m8 will give this a go

i played xbox 360 online for about 7 months up untill i got the ROD with the old firware 5.2 a think long before the ixtreme never had a problem with updates and that. i think its just your luck