PDA

View Full Version : Hi itgate peeps it's good to be back

Millzzy
22nd June, 2011, 12:00 PM
Hi all , have been out of the cable/sat scene for a while after having our first child , hopefully some of you will remember me from the satkings clan !!!, good to see Freck and the others doin some great work on the Sat side of itgate so much so I dug my tgm220 out and am just about to order a sat tuner , I take it we can do everything the other boxes do , will be tryin to pick your brains as much as poss as the sat side is pretty much new to me
good to see most people still here ;-)

Borgy100
22nd June, 2011, 12:53 PM
Hi Millzzy. Welcome to the site and like you I headed over and joined a few of the old names from Satkings. Great support here. The itgate works exactly like a dreambox so with a sat tuner, and cccam installed you will be good to go. Feel free to ask anytime.

B~~~~100

Millzzy
22nd June, 2011, 01:17 PM
Hi b~~~~ , would I be able to use a sky HD dish (I know it's not motorized at the moment ) for setting this up or is it not worth the hassle ? Thanks mate

freck
22nd June, 2011, 01:49 PM
Yeah any dish pointed to Astra 28.2E will do...even a frying pan with an lnb on will bring in the channels Millsy:laugh:.
Your hd setup will have two feeds coming from your dish but you can take one of those and extend it to another room and feed it into your itgate...only problem then is that youll loose your ffd and rew and rec functions on your sky box.
Check out you lnb on your dish and see if you have a quad lnb on(four feeds coming out).If so youll be able to run a fresh feed in and keep your existing sky setup,and have one left to play around with.
Freck

Millzzy
22nd June, 2011, 02:05 PM
Hi Freck how you doing mate long time no see hope you are well ? , i'm liking the sound of the way this is going , don't need the dish for sky but it is the 4 port type you spoke about , can u advise on which cccam people use mate

freck
22nd June, 2011, 04:17 PM
Alright Millzy I'm good mate...firstly youll have to get a sat tuner for you box if it has the old cable on still in it.
I've a thread in this section on where to buy them.
You can stick it in and keep the image you have on it(probably the UKUR V8 or 9.
To get your cams on you can add Deeboi's panel from the sticky
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f138/new-cpanel-itgate-receivers-212841/
The instructions are included.
Youll then need to get onto a server which will supply you with a c line to add to your CCcam config file.
Get your tuner and cams sorted first and we'll take it from thee Millzy ok.
Freck

Millzzy
22nd June, 2011, 04:24 PM
Ok mate will get it ordered when I get in and then get back to u appreciate the help ;-) , any recent news off satman or Denny u know of

freck
22nd June, 2011, 04:27 PM
No....nothing,probably around alright tho but I haven't come across them.
Talk soon
Freck

Evastar
22nd June, 2011, 04:30 PM
hi millzy, good to see you :)

i was talking to sat a while back, he's doing grand :)

Millzzy
22nd June, 2011, 06:27 PM
How do Eva , good to see u too mate , glad satman doin ok , anything new your end

Evastar
22nd June, 2011, 08:43 PM
not really, just getting on with life. congrats on the baby :)

Millzzy
23rd June, 2011, 08:30 AM
Thanks Eva , bloomin hard work though lol

Millzzy
5th July, 2011, 08:12 PM
Tuner ordered , cant wait for delivery 2-5 days !!!! OH YEAH

Borgy100
6th July, 2011, 10:33 AM
Nice one Millzzy! You won't look back. CCcam is your friend!

Give a shout if you need any help getting set up.

All the best..

Millzzy
6th July, 2011, 07:07 PM
Thanks B~~~~ , i will defo be tapping you up mate ;-) , wheres Andiewill i keep seeing the thanks button but no chatting ;-( , he cant have gone that quiet compared to how he was on Satkings !!!!!

andiewill
6th July, 2011, 08:56 PM
lol i am around and good to here things are all good with you, i just got back - ish from Glasto and getting back to reality and first week back in work, so just been keeping an eye on the Itgate peeps to keep this box up and running along with the other ex SK crew ie:- freck, deeboi, plasterer, mept1 to name a few, and i still like to give this box justice, its still a cracking stable box and with the sat tuner in WoW, you will see what we mean when you enter the other side, but as stated if you get stuck all the help is here from a lot of ex SK members so just post up, and once again glad to here all is good with you.

Millzzy
15th July, 2011, 01:10 PM
getting a little worried guys my tuner still hasnt arrived and no response from the spanish website !!!!

mept1
15th July, 2011, 01:50 PM
1 of mine took 10 days.....never hered of no one not eventually reciving theres....just hold tight i think.

Millzzy
20th July, 2011, 09:05 PM
wooohooooo it has finally arrived , now to get sat dish set up , what is the best way in any of you guys opinion to do this ?

andiewill
20th July, 2011, 11:10 PM
Here you go below and they are good guides but the most thing you must remember is patients and persever :-) it's like one step forward then sometimes five steps back, but when you get it, then it's like what was all the fuss about and it makes you feel that you have achieved saving the world....... but seriously just follow the guides and take your time.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f11/how-install-motorised-dish-42881/

or

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/installing-motor-photos-519/

Good luck on your new adventure / hobby you won't regret doing this for the time being.

Millzzy
27th July, 2011, 10:26 PM
Thanks Andie , sorry this is being a bit long winded but have been laying new drive on house , picked up s+y dish of my pal and should be pzutting up sunday , tuner installed in box which was simple ( except the little back plate doesnt quite fit the same ) , next ill be picking your brains when all conected and nothing works lol

Millzzy
4th August, 2011, 02:24 PM
Well a big thankyou allround to the lads on here , everything running as it should pointing toward astra 28.2 , deeboi a special thanks to you mate for your server which made things super easy for me , the only thing im not keen on is the epg but i suppose a small price to pay , no all i need is the magic files andiewill and i should be laughing , what you all reakon ?????

plasterer
4th August, 2011, 02:46 PM
yer epg is a bit iffy
But it is a 24 hour on all channels via the yellow button
each day as well ha ha ...............Paul

Millzzy
4th August, 2011, 05:39 PM
to be honest i quite surprised what you get FTA may have to move to a motorised setup sharpish lol

Millzzy
4th August, 2011, 09:13 PM
guys i have a old epg that i had from satkings called mvlatest , it was for cable ( not sure if that makes a diff ) has anyonetried it , if not where do i install the files via ftp so i can try it ? , thanks guys

Millzzy
8th August, 2011, 12:15 PM
guys i have a old epg that i had from satkings called mvlatest , it was for cable ( not sure if that makes a diff ) has anyonetried it , if not where do i install the files via ftp so i can try it ? , thanks guys

Found out where to add files unfortunatley still the same

plasterer
8th August, 2011, 02:49 PM
Try sending this to
var/tuxbox/config/ then overwrite your enigma folder with this one
reboot and lets know....................Paul

Unrar it first of course

Millzzy
11th August, 2011, 11:30 AM
Which am i sending to the tuxbox folder mate , i understand overwriting enigma folder , or am i just being stupid lol

andiewill
11th August, 2011, 12:21 PM
Yes you are overwriting the enigma folder, but also make a back up of your present one just in case you want to revert back to your orignal but i doubt it, keep us informed how it goes.........

Millzzy
11th August, 2011, 08:50 PM
thanks plasterer , copied enigma folder across , weekepg working flawlessly now ;-) , just a shame we cant get the multi epg working corectly , but thanks again mate

azabhoy
13th August, 2011, 11:44 PM
Just dug out my old 210 and 220 boxes after N3. Great to find site as was old satkings member as well. Helped a lot of people in my area with help of satkings forums and sales. Is there anything I can do with boxes, even to use as free to air sat boxes. Do I need to replace tuner.

freck
14th August, 2011, 12:49 AM
Have a read here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f138/itgate-shop-receivers-tuners-look-211659/
Youll get those itgates showing fta and more with the sat tuner and a few tweeks to the firmware
Freck