PDA

View Full Version : Which Clone tool to Buy?? UPA USB or XPROG_M

paraver
22nd June, 2011, 05:30 PM
Sorry for asking this question, because it was been debated many times on DK.

After reading many topics, i still have some doubts.

Which one is best? Do i need to have both of them?

XPROG M Is better because authorizations?
UPA USB Does have the same authorizations?

I know that some like xprog and others like upa, but i want to find out the best one for the lowest money possible

Best Regards,
P

dyc
22nd June, 2011, 06:14 PM
Yes , You need to have both of them

diga1
22nd June, 2011, 08:48 PM
you need both

digimile
22nd June, 2011, 10:20 PM
hi
no one u dont need upa clone becasue original and clone price almost same .And xprog m's clone is not good becasue serious devices it stuck.
Its my opnion
thanxk

paraver
22nd June, 2011, 11:24 PM
Can i read protected motorola hc12 with upa? Or i need xprog for it?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Zmann
23rd June, 2011, 03:30 AM
HC912 according to its list, yes but the mcu needs to be removed and put it on a special adapter.

9S12 completely no.

Xprox does both groups if with authorisation

cqae
23rd June, 2011, 03:43 AM
id say upa + x-prog clone is a good start

paraver
23rd June, 2011, 11:11 AM
My problem is buying products from china because of customs... if i bought from there an XPROG-M for 120 ou 140dlrs i'll pay around 80eur more to customs and taxes.

I've seen this item from a company in Poland:

http://www.telwis.pl/xprogt-hc12hc11hc08hc05-programmer-full-set-p-72.html

What's the difference from the chinese clone? This one doesn't have Authorizations?

I saw also on that page a Wellon VP-280. What do you think of it, compared to UPA?

exe123
23rd June, 2011, 11:48 AM
My problem is buying products from china because of customs... if i bought from there an XPROG-M for 120 ou 140dlrs i'll pay around 80eur more to customs and taxes.

I've seen this item from a company in Poland:

http://www.telwis.pl/xprogt-hc12hc11hc08hc05-programmer-full-set-p-72.html

What's the difference from the chinese clone? This one doesn't have Authorizations?

I saw also on that page a Wellon VP-280. What do you think of it, compared to UPA?

This is the old xprog which will only work with Win98. No support for Winxp!

Get xprog-m from china and upa-usb original from elrasoft.eu

Holtek
23rd June, 2011, 01:22 PM
no one u dont need upa clone becasue original and clone price almost same.

Really?

Original: ?272 with tax
[/URL]
[URL]http://shareit1.element5.com/programs.html?productid=300187314&sessionid=1945215280&random=f052a2525b00b32a67556a1cd5919b14 (http://shareit1.element5.com/programs.html?productid=300187314&sessionid=1945202462&random=a3ab9369a9f873174eacd74249ea9b6b)

Chinese Clone: ?138 including shipping

UUSP UPA USB Serial Programmer Full Package V1.2 | eBay UK (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UUSP-UPA-USB-Serial-Programmer-Full-Package-V1-2-/150589741758?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item230fd91abe)

I can see the difference in price. Skipping the issue of software updates and technical support. Only compare the price of the original programmer and clone. The price difference is twice.

olegario
23rd June, 2011, 01:48 PM
Guy's why you counting few $ more or less , if with two or three jobs you will recover all?

paraver
23rd June, 2011, 02:37 PM
I'm counting because there are too much competition and prices are very very low, and i don't have many jobs.

After getting some more work i'm buying one after another...

How about wellon programmer? Seems better than upa, what do you say?

olegario
23rd June, 2011, 02:54 PM
:) First of all you must know how you will use it , what for? All programmers do the same job , read/write chip. Only difference is in specialization of some of them.

paraver
24th June, 2011, 03:26 PM
I know how to use them, i just want to know which are the best tools for price/quality.

All this clones are like mobile phone unlock devices... it's a business... avery week you need to buy one different for the same thing!

Thanks

faiscamix
24th June, 2011, 11:09 PM
HC912 according to its list, yes but the mcu needs to be removed and put it on a special adapter.

9S12 completely no.

Xprox does both groups if with authorisation

HC912b32 i was reading today one on board of ecu . After last update that i've made it come with connections with that mcu , the other i will see when i will need.
Upa buy original. Every day that passes i love more the tool (i started by hating it). It is the tool that gave me more profit with exeption of my first soldering iron. After you are used to use it, it takes less and less time to program the supported devices. I take less time to clear an airbag ecu using it (average of course) than using an xeltec or elnec programmer with adapter. Down part is that sometimes i have to go to look for datasheets.

BR

agabna
25th June, 2011, 12:44 AM
Sorry for asking this question, because it was been debated many times on DK.

After reading many topics, i still have some doubts.

Which one is best? Do i need to have both of them?

XPROG M Is better because authorizations?
UPA USB Does have the same authorizations?

I know that some like xprog and others like upa, but i want to find out the best one for the lowest money possible

Best Regards,
P

i think it is better to buy orignal UPA
share*it! - A service of Digital River (DEF03) - UPA-USB Device Programmer - UPA-USB Device Programmer Software, High-Speed USB Module, UPA-USB Serial Prgrammer (http://shareit1.element5.com/programs.html?productid=300039877)
and to buy clone adapters for it from china
and for xprog it better to buy clone one from
http://eldb.eu/
and u ll need both (xprog +UPA)

paraver
26th June, 2011, 01:16 AM
HC912b32 i was reading today one on board of ecu . After last update that i've made it come with connections with that mcu , the other i will see when i will need.
Upa buy original. Every day that passes i love more the tool (i started by hating it). It is the tool that gave me more profit with exeption of my first soldering iron. After you are used to use it, it takes less and less time to program the supported devices. I take less time to clear an airbag ecu using it (average of course) than using an xeltec or elnec programmer with adapter. Down part is that sometimes i have to go to look for datasheets.

BR

Hi,
Thanks for your answer.

I sometimes use an Elnec from a friend. I was talking about wellon vp-280 because looked to work with more chips than upa, but if you all say upa, i'll buy upa!

faiscamix
26th June, 2011, 05:22 PM
Elnec they are very nice and i will buy one soon also. The upa alows you to program on board, sometimes you have to get some pins up yes but you don't spend time to clean protection varnich. It's cost is payed only with one function osciloescope for example. It is an osciloescope os 1 channel already. You can adapt it to be a can analiser also , well for a litle pcb that comes with a simple presentation is a hell of a powerfull tool for that price. If you spend a litle time with it you can make also the necessary adapters to make your work faster. You can run scripts , well i even don't know if i will use ever this tool to the limit. I have an average of 10 min by airbag ecu with it and with some medical tools to put up the pins. Comparing price with an carprog 3keuro you can imagine how fast it is payed. Many times i make work with upa to guy's with universal programers because the cost of the support will not be covered by that work. If you have the market buy it, it will pay itself in 2 or 3 day's of work. I love that litle basttard lol