PDA

View Full Version : Starview 7, been away ? whats going on? on

sshhiinnee
22nd June, 2011, 09:03 PM
Guys,

Right been away, i last updated the software in June, showing the expiry date on Nov 2011 on my SV 7.

Been away from T.V.......&

Now im getting not connected? and geting ip: 000.000.000.000

looks like im not getting conected to the Sever?, my internet works fine..?

Reflashed it again and again.....what have i missed. this was a brand new box purchased in Feb 2011.

cheers

super jumbe
22nd June, 2011, 09:23 PM
You are having the internet connection issues as in any circumstances it should show you your IP address, menu, option, network, press IP setup and if you can not see your ip address your broadband is not connecting mate.

ramjet
22nd June, 2011, 09:44 PM
its the lan connection that is failing , ie:- the ethernet connection to the router , nothing to do with the broadband , yet

once the lan is up and running , then check the server connection is working via your broadband

so in laymans terms , get the connection to your router working properly , which is your responsibilty

b2k
22nd June, 2011, 10:34 PM
Guys,

Right been away, i last updated the software in June, showing the expiry date on Nov 2011 on my SV 7.

Been away from T.V.......&

Now im getting not connected? and geting ip: 000.000.000.000

looks like im not getting conected to the Sever?, my internet works fine..?

Reflashed it again and again.....what have i missed. this was a brand new box purchased in Feb 2011.

cheers

Sounds like your adapter on the rear of the box is faulty as others have experienced.

Assuming your Lan cable/router are fine.

sshhiinnee
26th June, 2011, 10:22 PM
im getting internet find on my laptop, ive tried pulling the ethernet adaptor out and re-attaching, rebooted router,

still getting not connected and 000.000.000.000

ive tried changing the ethernet cable, aswell still no joy...

i do have a wlan extender but that is switched off.

i am using homeplugs which both are connected and all connections are fine...

if it is the rs32 adaptor can i use the usb to ethernet adaptor or use and extension on the usb to use the external hd, and usbport for the ethernet connection...

cheers..

Kezman
26th June, 2011, 10:58 PM
Sounds like your adapter on the rear of the box is faulty as others have experienced.

Assuming your Lan cable/router are fine.

How can this be fixed?

mark8393
26th June, 2011, 11:02 PM
How can this be fixed?

buy another. main traders would of had faulty units back which they cant return, so they sell adaptor to recoup some cash.

cactikid
26th June, 2011, 11:26 PM
so new adapter + sub=or new box?

sshhiinnee
28th June, 2011, 06:36 PM
After borrowing my mates serial to lan adapter..and messing around with it, im still getting not connected...

however when i changed my homeplugs around from the router to the wall socket..i did pick up an ip address on the Sv7..

which is good...however...strill getting not connected.

in the system info..i see box number and no expiry date?

this is driving me insane..any other ideas?

the ip on auto im getting is...192.168.1.103....

i do have a wlan extender but that shouldnt matter as this works with 1 other manin homeplug connecteed via the router?

ramjet
28th June, 2011, 06:55 PM
After borrowing my mates serial to lan adapter..and messing around with it, im still getting not connected...

however when i changed my homeplugs around from the router to the wall socket..i did pick up an ip address on the Sv7..

which is good...however...strill getting not connected.

in the system info..i see box number and no expiry date?

this is driving me insane..any other ideas?

the ip on auto im getting is...192.168.1.103....

i do have a wlan extender but that shouldnt matter as this works with 1 other manin homeplug connecteed via the router?

sounds to me as if the lan is now ok but you havent got smgo221 firmware on the box

sshhiinnee
29th June, 2011, 07:08 PM
ive flashed with the latest 10/06/11 show must go on file...

now im still getting no ip address...and under the system info

i see the ram data and box number this was all working a couple of weeks ago...until i got not connected after coming back from my holiday....

help needed.... all adapter serial to ether is working as used different ones from working ones from my friends...

im getting internet connection working fine on laptop..so wifi is working with router...

im using orange homeplugs with ethernet cables plugged in, ive changed the cables aswell to no avail..

ive checked cables and connections.....

help please...

mark8393
29th June, 2011, 07:45 PM
Have you paid your sub? ?25 for 6 months, ?45 for 12

xraydelta101
29th June, 2011, 07:46 PM
its rip off time mate

ramjet
29th June, 2011, 08:14 PM
ive flashed with the latest 10/06/11 show must go on file...

now im still getting no ip address...and under the system info

i see the ram data and box number this was all working a couple of weeks ago...until i got not connected after coming back from my holiday....

help needed.... all adapter serial to ether is working as used different ones from working ones from my friends...

im getting internet connection working fine on laptop..so wifi is working with router...

im using orange homeplugs with ethernet cables plugged in, ive changed the cables aswell to no avail..

ive checked cables and connections.....

help please...

until you get an ip address from your router over your lan , nothing is going to work apart from about 17 fta channels

so suggest you test the homeplug system with your laptop and ensure its working properly , then make sure your sv7 gets a local lan ip address from your router , once done , check the expiry date

brainwave
29th June, 2011, 08:30 PM
And after that if your box says not registered, well what can i say stick your hand in your pocket again, and pay for support for 6 or 12 mts, as that is the only way you are going to get your viewing back.

sshhiinnee
29th June, 2011, 09:22 PM
until you get an ip address from your router over your lan , nothing is going to work apart from about 17 fta channels

so suggest you test the homeplug system with your laptop and ensure its working properly , then make sure your sv7 gets a local lan ip address from your router , once done , check the expiry date

Right after going mad......

its an issue with the homeplug...on my orange homeplug....as i have attached this to the s7...i have pulled this out then attached it to my laptop..getting a 169.....ip address...i done the release and renew..to no avail...saying no connectivity. .also no link light on the home plug the one going into the laptop/s7...

The one connected to the router seems fine as its blinking away with lights on link and ethernet..

what now..how do i pair the homeplugs..they both attached to the socket ....running out of ideas?

cheers

brainwave
29th June, 2011, 09:28 PM
Right after going mad......

its an issue with the homeplug...on my orange homeplug....as i have attached this to the s7...i have pulled this out then attached it to my laptop..getting a 169.....ip address...i done the release and renew..to no avail...saying no connectivity. .also no link light on the home plug the one going into the laptop/s7...

The one connected to the router seems fine as its blinking away with lights on link and ethernet..

what now..how do i pair the homeplugs..they both attached to the socket ....running out of ideas?

cheers

Did you have these working before or are they new?

sshhiinnee
29th June, 2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks for replying...

yes all was working before up n til the latest software showing the expity date...

im guessing its an issue with the reciever homeplug.....as im getting no link on the reciever homeplug or getting an ip address..

Now my mate has bought round his wifi homeplug of solwise make...interesting its working....saying connectting...

so it may be the homeplug.. now going to switch the home plugs round to see if im getting the same issue if i change the sender homeplug to the receiver...

cheers ill come back in 5 mins

ramjet
29th June, 2011, 10:10 PM
well at ther moment its deffo the homeplugs causing the problem like I said earlier ( fault on your lan due to no ip )

and homeplugs are a pc lan issue , not an sv issue

once you have sorted out the lan you may be faced with the expired problem , or no login , so may need a sub , but one step at a time

ie:- fix your lan before moving on

sshhiinnee
29th June, 2011, 10:18 PM
well at ther moment its deffo the homeplugs causing the problem like I said earlier ( fault on your lan due to no ip )

and homeplugs are a pc lan issue , not an sv issue

once you have sorted out the lan you may be faced with the expired problem , or no login , so may need a sub , but one step at a time

ie:- fix your lan before moving on

cool...i know when it was working i got a december expiry date...more bothered the connection..looks like i need to purchase a singluar orange homeplug..

cheers for your support guys much appreaciated...

sshhiinnee
2nd July, 2011, 04:31 PM
After purchasing a cheap single homeplug....

All works fine now...

so recap is the fault with 1 orange home plug...where the data was being sent but the receiver homeplug was not working...

so now i get a expiry date..all till december 2011..

cheers guys...:beer: