PDA

View Full Version : Starview 6 help please

Keptboy
23rd June, 2011, 02:06 PM
Don't laugh I was sorting through my boxes stored in loft and I stumbled across my old starview 6 boxed with power cable and remote control. What my question is can I get this to work? If so how? And can I use my home plugs? How do I connect? And how do I update the firmware? I currently have a starview 7 running but thought I could get this one up and running in conservatory but only have one cable input from outside? All help appreciated thank you:top:

ramjet
23rd June, 2011, 02:19 PM
sv6 should work with latest firmware and use a usb stick to flash it with the sv6 version of tsmgo221

however , you will also have to pay the new subs to them ( see other threads for details on subscribing )

homeplugs extend the lan over your house wiring , just use a lappy to test the connection is working to the router , then plugin the sv6 and ensure it gets a router ip address ; homeplugs use 2 ethernet cables , one at the box end and one at the router , its basically that simple

you will have to use a passive splitter to split the outside signal from vm , one to the sv7 and the other to the sv6

Keptboy
23rd June, 2011, 03:28 PM
Thank you for your help who and how do I subscribe? Subs ? My starview 7 just works I think

termiantor
23rd June, 2011, 04:23 PM
it will but the sv6 year has ended so its sub time plenty of info on here regarding who to contact for sub mate :scarf2:

ramjet
23rd June, 2011, 07:20 PM
Thank you for your help who and how do I subscribe? Subs ? My starview 7 just works I think

reading dozens of recent threads on this forum will tell you those details

gmb45
23rd June, 2011, 07:27 PM

as already suggested have a good read in the other threads, all the info you will need is there, if you need any more info post in one of the relevent threads m8.