PDA

View Full Version : GOLF 3 Mileage correction

ascotauto
24th June, 2011, 08:32 AM
Hi All

I have attached the dump of a cluster i bought at the junk yard Mileage 269 540 km or something near there it needs to be 116000km , I have tried to alter dump using tachosoft and Licznik but there is always an error message coming up on mileage side and on the tacho side it shows =0 . I have been struggling for 2 weeks now and i simply cannot get it right . Please assist me in correcting the dump. Thanks in advance . Attached is some pics and most importantly the dump. I think the last thing i need to mention is that this is the 4 cluster bought already as everytime i am done the needles start shaking so please guys any help will be appreciated

m_yura
24th June, 2011, 08:59 AM
hi
cluster 116000 km

wiseman
24th June, 2011, 09:22 AM
your original is 296000km btw.

ascotauto
24th June, 2011, 09:26 AM
Hi thanks but this dump is the exact same as i came across with tacho soft i also get F1 D6 in the last 2 lines but it doesnt work it shows error any other way we can do it?

unu
24th June, 2011, 09:44 AM
Hi thanks but this dump is the exact same as i came across with tacho soft i also get F1 D6 in the last 2 lines but it doesnt work it shows error any other way we can do it?

F1 D6 in the last 2 lines is correct calculation ... maybe you solder eeprom back rotated ...

ascotauto
24th June, 2011, 09:46 AM
Attached is the picture i get with the dump in i have 3 instruments open now i get the same on all

ascotauto
24th June, 2011, 09:48 AM
Its still the same i swopped eeprom position now no change that is with dump from wiseman i will try unu and m_yura now also guys im fitting cluster into polo 2000 model but i know its from Golf 3 looks exactly the same could that be the problem?

wiseman
24th June, 2011, 10:53 AM
his dump is the exact same as mine. I have checked

ascotauto
24th June, 2011, 12:21 PM
Ok here is the story - dump works yes but it cannot work in the vdo cluster with fixed displays it can only work with the ones where you have to remove rev counter to get to 93c46
Does anyone have a dump that will work on Dash with fixed displays? VDO it has removable fuel and temp gauges please assist?

pinkfloyd5eg
24th June, 2011, 10:13 PM
Ok here is the story - dump works yes but it cannot work in the vdo cluster with fixed displays it can only work with the ones where you have to remove rev counter to get to 93c46
Does anyone have a dump that will work on Dash with fixed displays? VDO it has removable fuel and temp gauges please assist?

hi mate , don't you have vag tacho to adjust this car via OBD ??
anway I just noticed at the top of the first picture of the dashboard that there were 2 broken legs on the EEPROM ,or may be i don't see them well on the picture!!

also attached another calculations to try , the original Mileage is 296 256 km ,adjusted to 116 000 km , (write it without swapping)

good luck...

ascotauto
27th June, 2011, 07:37 AM
Hi Thanks Pinkfloyd5eg indeed you are correct but those legs are attached to nothing on either side of the board and came loose during the extensive dump testing i was doing Ha Ha . I dont think the two types of clusters can handle the same dump because of the layout i will fit both your dumps on 2 seperate clusters and report back thatnks for the help

ascotauto
27th June, 2011, 08:27 AM
No go there guys still showing error and this is on the cluster with the removeable rev fuel milo and temp gauges on the 2 clusters with the soldered rev fuel milo and temp gauges on the board the dumps used from here all work 100% . Now i have my 7th cluster its a motometer 1HS.919.860.A also has 93C56 on the board just below Speedo anyone know if i can use Vag Tacho coz i will buy one especially for this job. I tried Tacho Universal on friday evening but we just couldnt extract dump without removing actual IC. Thanks again for the help guys im officially giving up on this one due to time constraints and wife complaints.