PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Firefox 3 - is it better than version 2?

Ratchet
19th December, 2008, 06:01 PM
Hi all,

Just upgraded my firefox to the last version of firefox 2 (Ver 2.0.020). Held off :turtle: upgrading to ver 3 due to some reviews suggesting not better than ver 2. Anyone using version 3? What do you think of it?

shortyball
19th December, 2008, 10:03 PM
personally dont see much difference, hasnt effected my browsing. Not had any issues, seems just like ver.2

.: JaCkPoT :.
20th December, 2008, 01:43 AM
Very similar

caveman_nige
20th December, 2008, 10:20 PM
well it has a lots of fixes in it to patch the holes in 2 that you still could be vulnerable to.

bugaloo41
20th December, 2008, 10:26 PM
With the exception of the security updates there aint really much difference to the end user.

Ratchet
21st December, 2008, 06:23 PM
Well, updated to ver 3. thanks for the feedback :listen:

surv55
22nd December, 2008, 04:29 PM
try opera much faster than the memory hungery firefox 3

hashleyf
22nd December, 2008, 07:55 PM
the latest release of firefox (v3.05) seems to have some memory useage changes in

it has dropped my multi and single tab browsing "firefox.exe" memory use by around 30mb

saj1985
23rd December, 2008, 01:37 AM
its similair mate,
but the bookmarks organising etc is defo better in version 2

Ratchet
28th December, 2008, 04:50 PM
Well, i un-installed v3 back to v2 due to the RSS feeds not updating :thumpdown: - I use them regularly, so until they sort them out it's v2 for me. :banghead:

Raven
29th December, 2008, 02:38 AM
Another thing to consider for all you ~~~~ophiles out there is that in version 3 your internet webpage history does not get deleted! So I've gone back to version 2 for this very reason! lol

In all seriousness though how can you release a new version of a browser and have such a glaring and basic bug such as webpages not being erased upon command ? I mean how did it see release without this going unnoticed ? Major oversight.

The shit thing is that as of mid December version 2 is no longer supported and therefore will not see or receive any updates in the future that version 3 will receive. Which is bullshit to be honest. They are ditching version 2 before version 3 is ready. If they are going to basically try to force people into using their latest and "greatest" then at least cover the basics of web browsing Mozilla!

hashleyf
17th February, 2009, 09:25 PM
Another thing to consider for all you ~~~~ophiles out there is that in version 3 your internet webpage history does not get deleted! So I've gone back to version 2 for this very reason! lol

it does, but you need to tell firefox to do it, it takes about 10 seconds...

tools>options>privacy

check > "always clear my private data when i close firefox"
click "settings" and checkbox what ever items you want deleted

Now your secret internet habits are secret once more :)

Raven
17th February, 2009, 10:36 PM
Except I did that lol...still nothing, now wether they have released a small update since which fixes this i don't know. But when I used it a couple of months back it wasn't erasing webpages.

Thanks for the effort tho! :)

grizzlyt
17th February, 2009, 11:04 PM
I use the 3.1b2 Version and it is really faster than the 3.0 or 2.0 Version ! You also have the "private browsing" capability aka ~~~~ mode :roflmao: . But if you use the No Script plug-in you are pretty safe.