PDA

View Full Version : want a holiday abroad.................

wetdog
25th June, 2011, 08:03 PM
..................with good weather, reasonable prices, plumbing that works, water thats safe (ish), then go to Fethiye, Turkey.
40 mins from Dalaman airport, loads and loads of things to do, and all well priced too. and you can save a bit more by bartering for everything. Trips, food, beer, the lot.
i have just come back from here and highly reccomend it.

beer 4tl, 2.5 tl to the pound.

a typical lunch for me and our maude......1 x chicken donner, 1 x lamb donner, both come with a great mixed salad, 1 large portion of real chips, 2 x Efes large beers 23tl, or a tad under a tenner. Bargain.

If you google earth fethiye, and follow the coast back northwards a little, at the northern end of Fethiye you will see a river. zoom in and follow this river to the first bridge, this is Calis, pronounced Chalis. this is where we stayed.
All the hotels etc accept direct bookings and flights can be had for as little as ?55 return. though we paid ?130 each return due to dates not coinciding.

Cant reccomend it enough guys, check it out.

pm me for more if required.

mick :beer:

bowie
25th June, 2011, 08:32 PM
we love turkey wouldn't go anywhere esle

Lainie
28th August, 2011, 05:54 PM
never been to turkey but would like too. no holiday abroad for me and b/f this year or next tho.

daithi
28th August, 2011, 11:38 PM
just back from sunny beach and very similar
stay off the main streets an a half chicken chips an sald is 6.50 lev which is just 3.40 euro
roast pork an an beer is 5.50 lev