PDA

View Full Version : Starview Support Yes or No

brainwave
26th June, 2011, 01:29 PM
Just a quick question for folks that paid starview to get their boxes back on, now that you have paid them, what happens next, do they have a forum for you people to go to if the boxes go down, how is there support done, if you are paying for this now you should all know the answer to the question, if you dont you should have asked.

Also if they dont have a support site, is the members here and on other forums supposed to help, after all you are now paying for support, or will the support be still coming from the likes of this forum or others, my opinion is if you are paying for something then you are entitled to be getting it, otherwise what are you paying for, its says support, "lets see do the starview team live up to it which i very much doubt myself"

Shady
26th June, 2011, 01:34 PM
from the threads on here, you pay ur money, they turn you on.. any probs your ~~~~ed unless someone on here can help you

gc1966
26th June, 2011, 01:45 PM
still thinking about paying the sub cos my box has a death date of july 15th (even tho only purchased in october) but the more i read i am thinking of trying the sat route instead

smirnoff_rules
26th June, 2011, 01:54 PM
still thinking about paying the sub cos my box has a death date of july 15th (even tho only purchased in october) but the more i read i am thinking of trying the sat route instead

The sat route isnt as easy as u think , but l love sat and moved over along time ago , but if u move over u still have to pay something when u start and to tell the truth there charges are cheap ? L wouldnt pay for 12 months if l was u as things change to fast , even in the sat world things are changing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MICKAH
26th June, 2011, 02:12 PM
from the threads on here, you pay ur money, they turn you on.. any probs your ~~~~ed unless someone on here can help you Thats the thing Shady, why should this forum or any other support them by offering advise, help or support? Forums like these were set up to help and support folks FOC, share info, folks gave their time free of charge,

now you have a "service" provider charging users to use it and offer support for the cost, so in my book, thats where folks should go with issues, they are paying for it, cause once you start doling out support, then those in charge of this get all the gain and none of the pain, just my opinion of course,

Shady
26th June, 2011, 02:20 PM
so an example of what you're proposing is this;

noob: got a problem with my starview box
dk member: yeah? tough shite. you shouldnt have bought one, ~~~~ off elsewhere for your help

see how that wouldnt work?

brainwave
26th June, 2011, 02:41 PM
so an example of what you're proposing is this;

noob: got a problem with my starview box
dk member: yeah? tough shite. you shouldnt have bought one, ~~~~ off elsewhere for your help

see how that wouldnt work?

Nope that is easy did you pay to get your box on yes/no, if you did you are now paying for support from Starview make use of it, thats what you paid for at the end of the day "SUPPORT"

So the punters pay for support from Starview, yet the get it for free here, they get all the money and this forum gets nothing but to help people that paid Starview for it.

cactikid
26th June, 2011, 02:42 PM
curious point if i have a problem with vm i would contact them,
if i had a sky box problem would contact them,if i have a problem with internet,i would check with internet provider.
only now we have introduced the payview box so as long as new file is on box and connected to grid,there is not much more help we could give.

MICKAH
26th June, 2011, 02:45 PM
not as eloquent as that no, but a simple contact the support people who provide service, why should a forum support a service who are charging the people to use it??? by your reckoning, lets just take over their support cause we should all help out, we are such nice folk? Do the SV team support this site or any other in way of running costs??

Shady
26th June, 2011, 02:50 PM
yeah.. now i see what you mean.. admin, lets close the sv thread and put a sticky up with the kiddies pm details on it... while we're at it, lets just ignore the sky users too, after all, they can go to sky with any probs yeah? tv users can contact the manufacturer, shut the whole garage section down and put a few garage phone numbers up...
we are a helpful forum, if we CAN help... we DO help

MICKAH
26th June, 2011, 02:56 PM
so SV get paid, Forum members do the work? I am sorry, am I missing something here? This doesnt compare to other sections on here, so dont confuse the matter

Where are their support forum to help their customers? If you know the address, please pass it on as I would love to see it, So while they rake it in, everyone helps them with their issues..... Handy that.

cactikid
26th June, 2011, 02:58 PM
all we can do is offer advise and there are always 2 sides of things,i cannot say i am right or wrong,sometimes we get things right,sometimes wrong ,as long as you know whats involved.

Shady
26th June, 2011, 02:59 PM
listen, i get it... sv servers are coonts, we agree on that.. id never go back to cable full stop and as such, havent had a sv since my sv1 yrs ago.
But the fact remains that if we CAN help, we SHOULD help., do it begrudgingly if you must, but do it nonetheless

brainwave
26th June, 2011, 03:01 PM
yeah.. now i see what you mean.. admin, lets close the sv thread and put a sticky up with the kiddies pm details on it... while we're at it, lets just ignore the sky users too, after all, they can go to sky with any probs yeah? tv users can contact the manufacturer, shut the whole garage section down and put a few garage phone numbers up...
we are a helpful forum, if we CAN help... we DO help

Yes agreed but that was before Starview became greedy, people dont have a problem helping anyone when its for free, Starview changed the goal posts so why should people help Starview, at the end of the day they are charging and getting paid for a service be it 6mts or 12 mts, so that includes help and support, and we are not talking about other stuff so dont be changing the agenda.

Do Starview stick their hands in their pocket and support this forum, not bloody likely, so why should they take all the profits and then leave the folk on here holding the can and keep doling out free support.

If people have problems with their cars, or whatever they own and they pay support for they dont come here, they go to who they have support with, same for any item people purchase, if you pay for extended warranty, would you come here for help, or would you contact the company you are paying.

cactikid
26th June, 2011, 03:05 PM
some people will help some wont simple as that,most have paid may help others maybe more in the know.

ramjet
26th June, 2011, 03:06 PM
most forums actively ban payservers and payserver support , and also ban cs and any other support that supports cs in any forum , be it privately or pay

so whilst I dont have a problem helping those with balde or combo or dreambox technical or setup issues , I do have a problem helping those who want direct payserver support , or direct cs support , and you will never get that support from me

its one thing to tell somebody to add cccam or newcamd and to read the faq guides as regards how a c line or l line or f line or n line actually works , in theory , but not to allow one payserver to be supported and no others , its all or nothing , and with most forums its usually nothing , ie:- co cs or payserver support

Shady
26th June, 2011, 03:07 PM
you dont get it do you?

who gives a ~~~~ if no-one else gives the support they should? why should it stop us as a forum helping if we can?
i suggest to you too, that if you dont want to help people then you should stay out of the sv section

MICKAH
26th June, 2011, 03:08 PM
SV in its various guises screwed punters over, with different boxs, the Irish debacle, the level of service in the UK and now this, which is a blatant phuck you to its users,

yes we are here to help folks, but not to get this shower out of a hole when there is issues or problems with its service, if it were any other box or issue, yes help if we can, but on principal, forums should just direct folks to the people that they have paid, especially when support is offered,

If I have an issue with my UPC service, I contact them, if I have a prob with a C-lion, I contact the folks who provide it, cause I am paying for it,

brainwave
26th June, 2011, 03:08 PM
some people will help some wont simple as that,most have paid may help others maybe more in the know.

Well you cant get any more expert help from the people that are selling the service, they are supposed to be the experts, at the end of the day they are the ones that know everything about the working of the boxes, or is that just a myth, all they know is how to get money out of your pocket which i have to say, they are defo good at that part.

Shady
26th June, 2011, 03:12 PM
well to be fair to him, themegakiddy DOES come on here and tells people to contact him via pm as obviously certain issues with sv cannot be spoken about in the forums...

brainwave
26th June, 2011, 03:16 PM
you dont get it do you?

who gives a ~~~~ if no-one else gives the support they should? why should it stop us as a forum helping if we can?
i suggest to you too, that if you dont want to help people then you should stay out of the sv section

I think im entitled to my opinion in any section, if you dont like it dont reply simple, everything i have posted is my opinion, at the end of the day why should DK accept this, Starview are charging for a service, yet they expect DK users to do their support for free, they are going to be making thousands of pounds for this support, which does not cost that to run a ser***, why should they not suport this forum, after all they are using this forum to sell their support, and their ser***.

brainwave
26th June, 2011, 03:21 PM
well to be fair to him, themegakiddy DOES come on here and tells people to contact him via pm as obviously certain issues with sv cannot be spoken about in the forums...

Thats why they should have their own, and give access to the people that have paid for it, and by the kiddy coming on here and giving advice he is also selling a service, which DK are getting nothing in return, except the grief of folk if anything goes tits up, and he is not about to answer their questions.

They are making thousands and thousands, they should be well able to sort a forum out not that hard to sort out.

ramjet
26th June, 2011, 03:37 PM
listen, i get it... sv servers are coonts, we agree on that.. id never go back to cable full stop and as such, havent had a sv since my sv1 yrs ago.
But the fact remains that if we CAN help, we SHOULD help., do it begrudgingly if you must, but do it nonetheless

maybe so , but not with any form of cs including payservers , its not allowed on any of the other forums here so shouldnt be in this one either

the rules clearly state it

Discussions about cardsharing are not allowed, including, but not limited to, cccam, gbox, mbox, etc.

and the mods and admins signatures all say so too

its time the members realised that it is an off-topic subject and they cannot get the simple answers they seek as to do so breaks the rules here , in ANY forum , this one is no different then the blade or dreambox forums in that aspect

cs is banned , end of , ....... so cs support is banned , end of

MICKAH
26th June, 2011, 04:14 PM
I agree, this is now CS - Payserver, so it falls into the catagory of the others should it not,

satsmo
26th June, 2011, 07:42 PM
That's a first, I actually thanked shady three times in one thread.

Lads that are opposed to us helping anyone with a SV problem that is not server related know what to do...........don't help simple.

If you have a problem with the way the forum is run we have a feedback section leave some there and we will take it into account and come back in due course.

I also like to point out that we will be the ones to decide which way the forum is run after taking into account what our members feel to be the right course of action.

Either way if the forum doesn't suit all's taste we will have to agree to disagree and go with the majority of our long standing members........... i.e. they like helping so let that be the debate instead of the rather cumbersome CS argument.

If we see direct CS posts we delete, edit or close them. If we miss some it's because they are not reported, I can guarantee that payservers will not be tolerated.

But I can also guarantee we will not leave new or old members without help outside of server issues.

I also see where this thread is going as can everyone else so lets hear from our members in here both new and old. You lads that are opposed we know as you have made that perfectly clear since arriving from other dead SV related forums, hopefully this one still has a bit of life in it.

Almost forgot we did make a sticky related to the matter in case some have missed it http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/reminder-all-regards-latest-starview-server-posts-212701/

brainwave
26th June, 2011, 09:08 PM
This thread was supposed to be a debate on the subject of support ( ie help when boxes go down ) no more than that, and was never intended to be a debate to if DK was supporting payservers in any way shape or form.

satsmo
26th June, 2011, 09:16 PM
Never said it was, debate away but ultimately the members are the ones who run the show, we answer to them.

I suppose that is what makes DK a forum that is somewhat unique and doesn't tend to turn people away regardless of the nature of support. As said we do not support the server, we do however support our members.

FixerUpper
26th June, 2011, 09:23 PM
at the end of the day why should DK accept this, Starview are charging for a service, yet they expect DK users to do their support for free, they are going to be making thousands of pounds for this support, which does not cost that to run a ser***, why should they not suport this forum, after all they are using this forum to sell their support, and their ser***.

Hello all, as you can see I don't post so often, as I have found that you can learn far more from simply reading through similar threads than pissing people off by asking the same daft questions over and over. Mods need to have the patience of a saint. Anyway...

Firstly, correct me if I am wrong but DF is now the proud owner of possibly the most visited technical discussion forum in the UK? Many people have came here as members because they, like myself, thought that he was a GENTLEMEN amongst moderators. Firm but fair, and no matter how daft the question or how often it had already been asked he found time to point people in the right direction. I have not forgotten that and I dare say many others who remember him elsewhere haven't either.

So, you have a site owned and ran by a very helpful and respected guy and you wonder why the people who he allows to become a member here have a general propensity to be helpful to others???

Oh, lets not forget your bit about the DK forum not benefitting financially from the inclusion of a SV section. So you would like to see Glen and possibly others going to court or having the site shut down because they accepted funding from an illegal c/s operation???

Use your common sense here and for Gods' sake get rid of those sour grapes you SV haters/KV lovers seem to enjoy so much!

Keep up the good work guys, FixerUpper.

p.s. My SV6 was due to run out on 15th August 2011 but now it shows the end of December 2011. See who can guess how I managed to get it extended without paying...really, guess??

b2k
26th June, 2011, 09:36 PM
I agree, this is now CS - Payserver, so it falls into the catagory of the others should it not,

While i understand what you mean, hopefully most members with problems will not need support as such from the forum.

Ideally they will simply need pointing in the right direction.
I don't see at the moment passing on the Kiddy's details to much to ask.

However i do not think members will want the forum becoming a sales outlet for him. I'm sure if that becomes the case it will soon be kicked into touch.

cactikid
26th June, 2011, 09:39 PM
without paying,if so thats even better if it works for you well done.

satsmo
26th June, 2011, 09:41 PM
It was kicked into touch before he arrived so kicking it into touch now would be somewhat of a belated approach.

I and I am sure others will find the "sales outlet" quote funny given the nature of our forum, we tend to know how to handle such a concept, i.e. it will never happen.

But should that not be a given?

brainwave
26th June, 2011, 09:46 PM
Making a donation to the site here is not illegal, and the point i was trying to make was, a certain person is already conducting their business here, and making tons of money out of it, they have been doing this for the past few months, but a donation to keep the forum going is what i was trying to get across, "NOT" DK to help the support for their payservers in any way, but to help the people with other things.

Its amazing the way people can misconstrue something as to portray something totally different, did you work for local rag papers by any chance, as thats exactly what they do as well.

satsmo
26th June, 2011, 09:55 PM
A local rag? We have quit a few local rags here I won't name them but they are really raggy. Was that a direct pun at me, if so fire away guess you have never visited our SB, the boys would love you in there.

Your point was not misinterpreted or misconstrued, maybe you needed to construct it in a better manner and then it will be followed to the letter.

We do not have any forum sponsership, (we did a while back), but even that has been discontinued for reasons unrelated to anything confined in this and other thread. Although if we opened it again to traders/suppliers what makes you think we would accept such from a payserver?

brainwave
26th June, 2011, 10:01 PM
A local rag? We have quit a few local rags here I won't name them but they are really raggy. Was that a direct pun at me, if so fire away guess you have never visited our SB, the boys would love you in there.

Your point was not misinterpreted or misconstrued, maybe you needed to construct it in a better manner and then it will be followed to the letter.

We do not have any forum sponsership, (we did a while back), but even that has been discontinued for reasons unrelated to anything confined in this and other thread. Although if we opened it again to traders/suppliers what makes you think we would accept such from a payserver?

Actually nope it was not, it was to the poster before you ( FixerUpper (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/17342-fixerupper/) ) where he put a part of a post in about a quote, another one of my posts misconstrued yet again.

As for donations if they where made anonymously who would know, nobody.

satsmo
26th June, 2011, 10:10 PM
I and the rest of the staff would that's enough. As said we run quite a good forum here and do not bend our own rules.

I though fixerupper's post was quite well constructed maybe you misinterpreted his quote?

Best please quote the OP, (or at least reference him/her), you are answering as it may lead to some confusion, hence my reply.

maca
26th June, 2011, 10:12 PM
The boys are waiting ;)

satsmo
26th June, 2011, 10:16 PM
You are always waiting bout time you paid for some..............no wait Shady does that.

Shady
26th June, 2011, 10:26 PM
yep. i do :( she said 25 notes for 6 months of bjs or 45 for a yr .when i come to collect, she tells me to go ask at her mates house :(

maca
26th June, 2011, 10:35 PM
Her m8 must have a "dream of a box" :roflmao:

Shady
26th June, 2011, 10:37 PM
yeah, nearly made a mistake tho.. slipped..nearly went in the shITGATE

satsmo
26th June, 2011, 10:41 PM
Please keep the thread on topic, (smut is all I can see), the minds of adolescence................... is well past you pair :)

Joking aside best to keep this one on the straight and narrow, thanks lads.

Federer16
26th June, 2011, 10:49 PM
I am surprised no1 has mentioned the "email support" sv team currently provides, to those who have bought subs. Last coupl of days their primary email address was down, so they emailed an alternative support email address for any1 with problems. and i know it aint website or forum like support but it is a support end of the day for something that is dead cheep i rekon.

young
26th June, 2011, 11:03 PM
ok so we now allow Themeggakiddy on here and let tell his tale,without a nothing. would we also let some one from a sat pay server do the same. i think not.

satsmo
26th June, 2011, 11:08 PM
You are misinterpreting the point which is as said we will not offer payserver support but we will offer support to those with non related issues, we have made that quite clear time and time again.

Latest time been a post I just made in this thread. Why do people want to make an issue out of what is essentially a non-issue.

young
26th June, 2011, 11:12 PM
I totaly understand what is being said.but to allow the kiddy 1,2,3,4 ect ect on the forum and sell his product is surely against the rules. maybe i'm wrong. maybe i'm right. would you let a person offer his sat services on the site???

satsmo
26th June, 2011, 11:20 PM
We have quite a substantial Dreambox section do you honestly think all buy it for freeview or their own sub?

I know where the line is crossed we also know how to moderate the forum and what to allow and not allow. As said we do not tolerate payservers and will not support them but we will support our members outside of servers issues, (now I am been repetitive once again.

Suffice to say the latest raid rumour will unfold soon enough and all will see what is what.

b2k
26th June, 2011, 11:20 PM
It was kicked into touch before he arrived so kicking it into touch now would be somewhat of a belated approach.

I and I am sure others will find the "sales outlet" quote funny given the nature of our forum, we tend to know how to handle such a concept, i.e. it will never happen.

But should that not be a given?

When i say "sales outlet" i obviously do not mean shop front. which may be why you found the quote amusing :)

To elaborate slightly , Forums (not just this one) are points of contact for Kiddy and customers and as far as i know the only method available to them both to initiate email correspondence.

So while the boards have no involvement between either of them he's using them to ply his trade.

Right or wrong, just my 2c

satsmo
26th June, 2011, 11:25 PM
Was that not the case with Eurovox and others although in a different business model?Yes it was not a payserver but buy a FTA box visit a particular forum and you will find firmware that will allow you to view all channel in the N1 days.

Forums have always been used by traders to ply their wares in some form or other. We however keep an eye on how they try to do this.

My post above once again re-iterates my stance on the current model however it is open to review. But only if it needs such.

FixerUpper
26th June, 2011, 11:46 PM
Why do people want to make an issue out of what is essentially a non-issue.

Because they may have alterior motives???

I am so glad to see a site that does not let "fanboys" get away unchecked. I have to laugh at sites like TW or AfterD... at the way certain people seem to have "carte blanche" to insult and denigrate anything that is not pro KV. If anything, I would suggest, merely from an outsiders point of view, that those forums appear to be in KV pockets for allowing such an overwhelming pro KV stance.

There are two sections to these aforementioned sites...Pro KV or Anti SV ;) If my assumptions about those sites are wrong then the Admin there need to wake up and smell the coffee/sour grapes.

It is truely laughable. Not because KV are bad in any particular way but merely as an insight into peoples psychology. You should have a glance over there when you need cheering up, it does wonders for me. No need to log in to view threads either, like most places.

I mentioned at the end of my last post, by way of a post script, that I had had my server access time extended without having to pay and asked you to guess how this miracle occured.

Well, it won't come as a surprise to some like minded people on here but I got it by trying to help. Nothing more. When it became clear that Paypal was not an ideal method of payment for most people, who can't get around simple personal privacy details in the setting up of such an account, then I offered assistance and alternate ways they could enable people to extend their server access too.

Whether or not any of those alternatives are taken up is anyones guess and if they are then hopefully it will be sooner rather than later, to avoid them (SV) missing the boat.

You see...there is a time and place for being helpful or even constructive criticism.

Good night all, got school in the morning :roflmao:

satsmo
26th June, 2011, 11:57 PM
We are well aware of ulterior motives but let the two sides debate it to their hearts content.

People have seen through this time and time again but yet it is an open forum and as such we allow a respectful debate on the subject matter.

I understand your stance on the posts, but look across all forums you have mentioned and the same thread has been started exactly as per this one.

And you will also notice that it has been close to ignored as it is of a repetitive nature. And yet we welcome the debate as the members here are more than aware of the current state of affairs between the two.

Plus it is entertaining as you say but to a point. The nature of forums allows those that are commercially astute to maintain a guise of which most are aware.

themegakiddy
30th June, 2011, 08:53 AM
Because they may have alterior motives???

I am so glad to see a site that does not let "fanboys" get away unchecked. I have to laugh at sites like TW or AfterD... at the way certain people seem to have "carte blanche" to insult and denigrate anything that is not pro KV. If anything, I would suggest, merely from an outsiders point of view, that those forums appear to be in KV pockets for allowing such an overwhelming pro KV stance.

There are two sections to these aforementioned sites...Pro KV or Anti SV ;) If my assumptions about those sites are wrong then the Admin there need to wake up and smell the coffee/sour grapes.

It is truely laughable. Not because KV are bad in any particular way but merely as an insight into peoples psychology. You should have a glance over there when you need cheering up, it does wonders for me. No need to log in to view threads either, like most places.

I mentioned at the end of my last post, by way of a post script, that I had had my server access time extended without having to pay and asked you to guess how this miracle occured.

Well, it won't come as a surprise to some like minded people on here but I got it by trying to help. Nothing more. When it became clear that Paypal was not an ideal method of payment for most people, who can't get around simple personal privacy details in the setting up of such an account, then I offered assistance and alternate ways they could enable people to extend their server access too.

Whether or not any of those alternatives are taken up is anyones guess and if they are then hopefully it will be sooner rather than later, to avoid them (SV) missing the boat.

You see...there is a time and place for being helpful or even constructive criticism.

Good night all, got school in the morning :roflmao:

Very good post!

themegakiddy
30th June, 2011, 09:00 AM

rather a bot of a contradiction there! as i read in your quotes!

"My Fave Replies from various threads

1: You really are a massive spaz aren't you?
2: I do have a g/f by the way and we have great sex
3: kryptview are immortal u got more chance of nds ~~~~ing sly c/s than u have of kv coming down"

hmmmm you would never go back to cable full stop?? although you appear to quote "kryptview are immortal" hmmm something not right there!

but then again you do also quote "kryptview are immortal u got more chance of nds ~~~~ing sly c/s than u have of kv coming down" think you really need to EDIT THIS hahahaha

Fellianis Wig
30th June, 2011, 09:44 AM
rather a bot of a contradiction there! as i read in your quotes!

"My Fave Replies from various threads

1: You really are a massive spaz aren't you?
2: I do have a g/f by the way and we have great sex
3: kryptview are immortal u got more chance of nds ~~~~ing sly c/s than u have of kv coming down"

hmmmm you would never go back to cable full stop?? although you appear to quote "kryptview are immortal" hmmm something not right there!

but then again you do also quote "kryptview are immortal u got more chance of nds ~~~~ing sly c/s than u have of kv coming down" think you really need to EDIT THIS hahahaha

The quotes in the sig are from other forum users. You're not that bright are you son? And you claim to offer support pffft you're a dumb arse.

Shady
30th June, 2011, 10:09 AM
as said above, these are quotes from other members that i find funny.. particularly the kv one... it seems you have as much of a problem with facts as you do with spelling

barrowmanandrew
30th June, 2011, 10:56 AM
rather a bot of a

looks like this could be a contender for shady's "fav quotes number 4.."

lol lol lol

Shady
30th June, 2011, 11:11 AM
looks like this could be a contender for shady's "fav quotes number 4.."

lol lol lol

that honour goes to fellainiswig.. made me :roflmao: his reply did lol

klever19
30th June, 2011, 12:16 PM
Looks like this thread has run it's course as far as being constructive goes and is about to turn into another slagging match. Just my opinion, of course.