PDA

View Full Version : buying deal extreme phones any reviews?

sgerrard
26th June, 2011, 03:03 PM
Hi i have been looking at the deal extreme webiste and seen that they have many phones that are very cheap.

i know they arent the real thing but how good are they?

end of the day i just want a phone to put my sim into and be able to browse the internet easily.

has anybody bought a phone from these guys and know if they work well with a UK sim card. and how good they are for surfing the net, downloading apps etc?

i dont know much about phones but need a phone that will run a little like windows and run apps related to windows.

i dont think the iphone will allow me to do this. do i need an android phone? and will any of the phones on deal extreme do?

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Bumgarner
5th July, 2011, 07:40 AM
i have never bought from deal extreme,so i can give you suggestions,but i have bought a android phone from other website,called banggood,my phone have useed for six month,and works very good,i used it for surfing internet,play games.
H2000 Android 2.2 WIFI GPS TV Dual Sim Touch Screen Cellphone - US$186.58 (http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-H2000-Android-2_2-Wifi-Gps-Tv-Dual-Sim-Touch-Screen-Cellphone-p-24507.html)

andy1weir
8th July, 2011, 08:32 PM
my experience with a chinese clone phone was terrible, my advice is steer well clear, its worth it to buy a decent phone, there are planty good phones out there that run android, that are pretty cheap and youll get warranty, even the iphone can run android with a little googling, you could also try gumtree as loads of people sell good phones for cheap there

hulldj
20th July, 2011, 11:14 AM
The DX copy phones will only fustrate you, a lot of the twin sim ones I have come across have had the 2nd sim imei number starting with a 1 instead for a 3 for uk. Good luck should you break the screen or digitiser, difficult to source. Need to flash your software due to a crash? Battery life... 6months... Difficult to source some flash files without buying a dedicated flashing box.

Spend your hard earnt cash on something that you can search for reviews on, that you can get parts for and that has some available software for.

ZTE Blade vs. HTC Wildfire - GSMArena.com (http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3391&idPhone2=3337)

These two droids aint too bad for the price.