PDA

View Full Version : finlux 42" hdtv

millerlfc
19th December, 2008, 07:29 PM
hi i bought a finlux tv off the net the picture is terrible ded fuzzy pixels all over the place watchin footy is crap but i got a 5yr warranty on it i want to break it so i can send it back get me money back any ideas but im only covered 4 just if it breaks thru no fault of my own what shud i do cheers ppl

.: JaCkPoT :.
19th December, 2008, 10:33 PM
overheat it...

millerlfc
19th December, 2008, 10:51 PM
so 2 overheat just leave it on

20th December, 2008, 01:40 AM
Set heaters around it and leave it near the radiator cramped and on... Close the door and windows....

millerlfc
22nd December, 2008, 04:56 PM
is there any other ways to break my tv

caveman_nige
22nd December, 2008, 05:11 PM
can't you do it under your house insurance as that would be a piece of piss, literally.

bigfella9
22nd December, 2008, 05:18 PM
you could throw water over it and tell them you want your money back because the colours have run

bigfella9
22nd December, 2008, 05:27 PM
if you get your money back,i would go for a good brand next time then you will have no problems what so ever,pioneer are the best but very dear panasonic are the next best you can get a cheap 1 from PANASONIC TH42PX80B at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc. (http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=PANA-TH42PX80B) or even a samsung ect wich are cheaper still,i am looking to upgrade my 42inch panasonic plasma ive had it 10 year aprox and is still working like new and im wanting the new panasonic 46 inch with built in free sat hd,GOOD LUCK with your plan

millerlfc
3rd January, 2009, 10:46 PM
on my cover of policy i cant do breaks of my own accord so what shall i do im even thinkin of bringin old tv down cos the pics better on the matches i hate watchin tv on my crap thing

5th January, 2009, 12:21 AM
Use a hammer;)

cactikid
5th January, 2009, 01:17 AM
i presume it is tuned in ok and u have a good quality coaxial lead?

cactikid
5th January, 2009, 01:21 AM
if you get your money back,i would go for a good brand next time then you will have no problems what so ever,pioneer are the best but very dear panasonic are the next best you can get a cheap 1 from PANASONIC TH42PX80B at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc. (http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=PANA-TH42PX80B) or even a samsung ect wich are cheaper still,i am looking to upgrade my 42inch panasonic plasma ive had it 10 year aprox and is still working like new and im wanting the new panasonic 46 inch with built in free sat hd,GOOD LUCK with your plan
i see u mention pioneer looking at pdp-lx5090h 50 inch.:hmmmm::hmmmm:

bigfella9
5th January, 2009, 01:50 PM
PIONEER PDPLX5090 at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc. (http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=PION-PDPLX5090) this is the cheapest ive seen a pioneer,i was gunna buy one myself,but ive opted for the new 46 panasonic coz of the built in free sat hd,you only get a screen with the pioneers dont forget you will need speakers ect

millerlfc
5th January, 2009, 05:07 PM
i wud love to boot the ~~~~ out of the piece of shit but my insurance doesnt cover breaks thru my own fault my last 42" r baby broke got it from amazon they just took it back no questions asked

C64
5th January, 2009, 06:02 PM
hi i bought a finlux tv off the net the picture is terrible ded fuzzy pixels all over the place watchin footy is crap but i got a 5yr warranty on it i want to break it so i can send it back get me money back any ideas but im only covered 4 just if it breaks thru no fault of my own what shud i do cheers ppl

Surely the picture is only like that on lower bitrate SDTV sources?

What HDTV sources have you got?

A HDTV should be just that, it should display a High Definition picture which means no pixelation and no fuzziness, if you're not getting this when using a HDTV source then the TV is not fit for the purpose intended and that alone is enough for a full refund.

Many HDTV's display a poor quality SDTV image, yet excel when displaying HDTV.

bigfella9
5th January, 2009, 06:44 PM
what about selling the tv on getting a few bob off it,and claming off house insurance,saying it got stolen along with a few other things that cost a few bob,then buy a panasonic and have some spare cash.just tell the old bill youve ad a break in,get a crime number off them and bobs ya uncle,if you have no house insurance take some out straight away,pay monthly if you havent got the coin to pay up front,this will work for defo

shady77
5th January, 2009, 06:58 PM
what about selling the tv on getting a few bob off it,and claming off house insurance,saying it got stolen along with a few other things that cost a few bob,then buy a panasonic and have some spare cash.just tell the old bill youve ad a break in,get a crime number off them and bobs ya uncle,if you have no house insurance take some out straight away,pay monthly if you havent got the coin to pay up front,this will work for defo

so we don't allow talk of hacking cable equipment,posting keys or card sharing because its illegal.
but you think its fine to discuss fraud?:stupid:

bigfella9
5th January, 2009, 09:23 PM
so we don't allow talk of hacking cable equipment,posting keys or card sharing because its illegal.
but you think its fine to discuss fraud?:stupid:
YES, but the lad shudda bought a propa plasma in the first place,cheap things dont last,save up and buy good gear it saves cash in the end,then we wont need to talk fraud,thers nowt like a bit of fraud as long as its not doin the poor people of this world no harm,

6th January, 2009, 01:30 AM
You can try shooting it... Fraud eh.. Sounds clever but getting caught will cost you more than a telly!

bigfella9
6th January, 2009, 10:05 PM
dont get caught then

millerlfc
7th January, 2009, 02:06 PM
when i bought tv off direct tvs . they sed on spec it was a 15.0001 contrast ratio i was away wen tv came so when i seen it it had 6.0001 contrast got ripped they sent me wrong tv from the 1 i seen online so i phoned kicked off they sed cos i had tv for more than 48hrs ive got to keep it even theve took tv off site the 1 they were advertising so can u see how pissed i am i just need to ~~~~ the tv get me money off them twats

bigfella9
7th January, 2009, 02:20 PM
when i bought tv off direct tvs . they sed on spec it was a 15.0001 contrast ratio i was away wen tv came so when i seen it it had 6.0001 contrast got ripped they sent me wrong tv from the 1 i seen online so i phoned kicked off they sed cos i had tv for more than 48hrs ive got to keep it even theve took tv off site the 1 they were advertising so can u see how pissed i am i just need to ~~~~ the tv get me money off them twats
you have 28 days for a full refund that is the law,look up on the net it should tell you somewhere,if youve had it more than 28 days your ****ed,if youve rang them and within that time and they give you the big finger you could report them to trade and standerds

millerlfc
7th January, 2009, 06:04 PM
it was after a month or so so im ~~~~~ed any other ideas