PDA

View Full Version : HTC Desire HD

mast
27th June, 2011, 09:34 AM
Hi

Got this phone on contract last week, want to know if wise to root it or shoud I just leave as is. Any advantages in rooting it well Im sure there must be lol.

How would it affect contract and what would be the easiest way of rooting it if I went down that path.

Thanks

gregk
27th June, 2011, 11:18 AM
It will most defiantly invalidate your warranty.To be honest some ppl say yes to rooting others say no. I'm one of those that say NO because it does everything I want it to do and it doesn't restrict me in any way. On another hand if it did I would think about it. There is a thread here on rooting htc hd. Have a look here:http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f198/first-question-lol-htc-desire-hd-210239/

happy_highlander
27th June, 2011, 12:52 PM
Rooting won't effect your contact as they will never know, it will however void your warranty as said above. You do not have to root to install cracked apps. But rooting will give you total control over backing up your system and data should anything go wrong with phone and most importantly get rid of all the stock bloatware that runs in the background slowing the phone down. You do not need to install a custom rom after rooting but if you think your phone is fast now you should try it with a custom rom.