PDA

View Full Version : kryptview 29/11 update

robbo
19th December, 2008, 07:56 PM
hi updated my box last week with this fix seemed ok at first but now lot of channels breaking up allthe time, on telewest any one else have this prob thx.

heno1969
20th December, 2008, 01:24 AM
Same here on VM, Freezing screen or "bad signal-No signal".
Put it on direct feed and still the same, also channels missing.
I've used 28/11 and 29/11.
28/11 - more channels but freezing on several channels, 29/11 - less channels, but freezing some of the time?
My starview1 works perfect.

peapod
20th December, 2008, 09:32 AM
I had that happen to me, I looked at the back of the kryptview unit, and my scart was plugged into the VCR connection, So I popped it into the TV and it worked! no more break ups

Weird I know, but it worked for me.

bugaloo41
20th December, 2008, 12:02 PM
Robbo update you box with the 30 nov fix that should hopefully resolve your problems

accies
20th December, 2008, 07:40 PM
I had that prob as well so went into system settings set signal deviation to minus 4 and picture is fine and much clearer.Try plus or minus it should do the trick

jezza82
29th December, 2008, 02:03 PM
i need to download the loader and the only place i can find it is here but im really new to this forum thing and the site wont permit me to download. can ANYONE help please.

C64
29th December, 2008, 02:24 PM
Make a few more posts mate and the downloads will unlock.

But don't post any old crap though, make them meaningful, i.e ask genuine questions or maybe browse around and see if you can ofer anyone else some help.

jezza82
29th December, 2008, 04:27 PM
thanks very much. ill try n lend some good knowledge.

jezza82
29th December, 2008, 04:34 PM
what programs do i need to run the loader and the fix?

jezza82
29th December, 2008, 05:08 PM
this is rediculous. does anyone have a step by step guild or a flow chart showing common problems. as ive been tryin 2 update my box for 2 days now n everytime i think im getting sumwhere sumthing else stops me. ive read quite aot of this forum to try and get an idea but im still strugling to get anywhere. ive finally got the loader to work now the firmware wont go onto the arnet box its saying no download request. ive turned it off n on n everything. ive tried downloading the drivers for 9 pin seriel to usb n seem to be gettin nowhere. could sum1 PLEASE help me so i can use my knowlege to help others with this problem. many thanks.

som1spcl
30th December, 2008, 12:14 AM
this is rediculous. does anyone have a step by step guild or a flow chart showing common problems. as ive been tryin 2 update my box for 2 days now n everytime i think im getting sumwhere sumthing else stops me. ive read quite aot of this forum to try and get an idea but im still strugling to get anywhere. ive finally got the loader to work now the firmware wont go onto the arnet box its saying no download request. ive turned it off n on n everything. ive tried downloading the drivers for 9 pin seriel to usb n seem to be gettin nowhere. could sum1 PLEASE help me so i can use my knowlege to help others with this problem. many thanks.

i was thinking the same as u thinking ... nobody knows exactly start to end ,,, i told them i m new on this site and never updated before so tell me da things start to end but nobody has time to share his or her experience... OMG i m completely lost..

DW190
30th December, 2008, 06:41 PM
Loading software to
KRYPTViEW ArnEt

Using the RS232 cable connect the box to the back of your computer, leave the box unplugged/switched off.

Double click the KRYPTViEW ArnEt loader (it looks like a grey satellite dish)

The loader will open

Click the green download button
Another box will open saying Code Send

Click Open?

Click on KRYPTViEW SOFTWARE once, so it is highlighted
Then click the Open button. This file will now appear File box

Click Start in the loader box then immediately power on the box. The software will start downloading

The display on the front of the KRYPTViEW ArnEt will have a green line going round and round. Wait until it says Download Success !

Now plug it into your TV, Choose your Provider e.g. N*L, Tpest etc, select area and scan for channels.

Be careful to press the green button to start the scan.

Dont expect thigs to happen immediately you press the buttons you will see please wait occasionally, just be patient.

C64
30th December, 2008, 07:01 PM
i was thinking the same as u thinking ... nobody knows exactly start to end ,,, i told them i m new on this site and never updated before so tell me da things start to end but nobody has time to share his or her experience... OMG i m completely lost..

The Kryptview has to be the easiest of all the boxes to update.

Connect it all up via serial cable, select the firmware to upload to the box, click START then press RED twice on the remote then the power button.

malmeninga
30th December, 2008, 10:04 PM
i messed about for over a week on my laptop trying to download,in the end gave up took it to me brothers who has a desktop and downloaded in five mins.

C64
30th December, 2008, 10:36 PM
i messed about for over a week on my laptop trying to download,in the end gave up took it to me brothers who has a desktop and downloaded in five mins.

Where you using a usb<>serial adapter by any chance mate?

DW190
31st December, 2008, 08:12 PM
You wil find all the drivers you need here (http://www.serialgear.com/USB-Serial-adapter-drivers-windows-mac-linux.cfm)

malmeninga
2nd January, 2009, 02:10 PM
witchy.yes i was mate.