PDA

View Full Version : problems d500 c

jake1970
24th April, 2008, 01:43 PM
hi hope someone can shed some light on this reflashed 500c and has been ok since last night all through this morning till 1 this afternoon , it seems that on bb1 and bbc2 the screen keeps flashing its like say loosing power to box (not very good explanation) but if i flick to another channel its fine no problems ,also i seem to have about 12 bbc1's and 2's as well as wales scotland etc .has anyone any ideas im using dw image with au and ive scanned with bruteforce for uk and ntl mmds bruteforce .thanks

also same happening on itv all the bbc channels and *** sports 1 and 2 all other channels fine .any ideas this is so frustrating im a complete noob to dreambox

Devilfish
24th April, 2008, 02:31 PM
Freezing or stuttering channels is usually signal strength related.

On the infobar, there are 3 values at the left side, the top one is the SNR value, this needs to be greater than about 94% for you to get an uninterrupted channel. If it's less than 94% then the channel will freeze.

It's to do with your signal strength, if you've added a splitter to the feed then this can be the cause. Conned the dreambox to the main feed without any splitter and check the SNR % again. If it's normal then you have a low signal and you will need a signal booster.

jake1970
24th April, 2008, 02:56 PM
can i use any signal booster ie from argos or does it need to be something special?

momo101
30th April, 2008, 04:10 PM
I had problems with certain channels such as CNN, bought the Argos booster didn't work, eventually found out that the splitter in my room as analog, changed it to a digital splitter and now I get the full channels

Lyrrad
1st May, 2008, 08:36 PM
I had problems with certain channels such as CNN, bought the Argos booster didn't work, eventually found out that the splitter in my room as analog, changed it to a digital splitter and now I get the full channels

Thats interesting.

Although I have no real problems with my 3 boxes, all are connected to the splitter outside. This splitter would most certainly have been there since analog days. Would it be sensible to replace it with a digital one as I sometimes do get a bit of blocking etc.