PDA

View Full Version : new to dreambox having problems

bucka
28th June, 2011, 05:26 PM
Hello can any one jhelp ive just purchased a dreambox dm 7000s which i flashed with pli image an a motorised dish not sure how big it is but a now its over a meter ive set everything up i got a friend to fit the satelite on to the wall ive been trying to scan for channels but im getting no were my lnd config is set to default lofl 09750 lofh 10600 threshold 11700 ive set my longitude and latitude when a go on automatic transponder scan i get all known transponders have been tried but no lock possible verify antena cable setup or try another satelite network and when i go on automatic multiscan it say done after scan but nothing found no matter what satelite i scan my snr never goes over 46% when a scan for channels on 28.2e 1 astra 2a 2b 2d wich is sky uk a might be wrong it looks the same position as my neighbors sky satellite so a would of thought id of picked somthin up and the motors working because i can see it moving to the satellites i would be very gratfull for some advice thanks alot

pento123
28th June, 2011, 05:37 PM
Sounds like you need to get your dish aligned mate. Whats your signal strength?

andy91
28th June, 2011, 05:56 PM
If you are getting some sort of signal then it might be slightly out so use usals as this is the easiest way of finding channels,load up a recent set of bouquets,Catseyes does a great multi sat bouquet and make sure your Long and Lat are correct.
If your still having problems slightly add or take away something on the Longitude to compensate the misalignment.This might help things greatly.
Do it gradually and swap from one channel to another to see if the snr goes up.
Look at the picture this is how you should go about setting up usals.
Menu/Setup/ServiceSearching/TunerConfiguration/Choose Configuration mode as Simple then move Mode to Positioner.

Thats the best and easiest way in my book.

Andy.