PDA

View Full Version : volvo V70 1,6 D 2010

bijlaard
28th June, 2011, 09:41 PM
Hi there
Have a question about chiptuning volvo's V70 1,6 D (2010 -->
We are getting requests from customers if we can chiptune their cars, can somebody on this forum tell us what we need to perform this trick ?

thnx in advance

Ina

alexs307
28th June, 2011, 10:07 PM
Probably it is an EDC17
You need:
- tool able to deal with Tricore
- experience in EDC17
- lots of patience
- a car to test on

Good luck.

bijlaard
28th June, 2011, 10:11 PM
Probably it is an EDC17
You need:
- tool able to deal with Tricore >> what tool should we buy ?
- experience in EDC17 >> where can I learn that ?
- lots of patience >> I have :-)
- a car to test on >> np have one

Good luck >> thanks

Ina

hexxon
29th June, 2011, 08:35 AM
It is an EDC16-variant with a MPC56x-MCU in this car, any JTAG(BDM) equipment should work fine.

alexs307
29th June, 2011, 08:48 AM
It is an EDC16-variant with a MPC56x-MCU in this car, any JTAG(BDM) equipment should work fine.

Then it's easier. Didn't know they still use the EDC16 in 2010, I lived under the impression that they use EDC17 now, EDC16 was used until 2009.

alexs307
29th June, 2011, 08:51 AM
Probably it is an EDC17
You need:
- tool able to deal with Tricore >> what tool should we buy ?
- experience in EDC17 >> where can I learn that ?
- lots of patience >> I have :-)
- a car to test on >> np have one

Good luck >> thanks

Ina

For reading/writing EDC17 you need a tool able to deal with Tricore processors: byteshooter, magpro x17, galletto. Experience in EDC17...well, difficult task...if you can handle ok the EDC15 and EDC16, I think with a little effort you will manage to do a good tune on an EDC17, also. But if your first ECU for tuning is an EDC17, I don't see any chances of success.
If the Ecu is EDC16, as said above by hexxon, then things are a little bit easier. But you must check if this car really has EDC16 ecu.

hexxon
29th June, 2011, 09:00 AM
I know, from actual experience, that it is a EDC16-variant used in this car.

hexxon
29th June, 2011, 09:02 AM
Then it's easier. Didn't know they still use the EDC16 in 2010, I lived under the impression that they use EDC17 now, EDC16 was used until 2009.

Thats true for the 5-cylinder engines.

bijlaard
29th June, 2011, 09:27 PM
For reading/writing EDC17 you need a tool able to deal with Tricore processors: byteshooter, magpro x17, galletto. Experience in EDC17...well, difficult task...if you can handle ok the EDC15 and EDC16, I think with a little effort you will manage to do a good tune on an EDC17, also. But if your first ECU for tuning is an EDC17, I don't see any chances of success.
If the Ecu is EDC16, as said above by hexxon, then things are a little bit easier. But you must check if this car really has EDC16 ecu.

To be honnest we do until now just read, change and write flash into volvo dashes , with programmer tools, xprog or codiprog.
This question comes because lease drivers ask us if we can do this for them to give the cheap leasecars more hp.
We are just into Volvo cars.
When correct we need:
mag2 1,4 magpro2bdm programmer ,or:
Galletto 1260 obd2 eobd ecu flashing cable , or
byteshooter basic mini ecu programmer
price of Galletto looks cheap to us (just need cable for 66,75 dollars ??? )
Is it diffecult to get the chip software (flash ?) for these volvo's

please correct me when I'm wrong in anything i write, I just need every info I can get before my husband can talk to customers about if this is possible.

regards
Ina

alexs307
29th June, 2011, 11:11 PM
I would get a BDM100 for dealing with EDC16 ecu's. It's a safe and cheap device. Beware of bad quality clones as they may have the wiring inverted and you may end up breaking the ECU.

bijlaard
30th June, 2011, 07:23 PM
what should be the best place to buy the BDM 100 ?
I found to many off them with google
and do I need a seperate adaptor ?

regards Ina

lolooo1981
30th June, 2011, 08:19 PM
I would get a BDM100 for dealing with EDC16 ecu's. It's a safe and cheap device. Beware of bad quality clones as they may have the wiring inverted and you may end up breaking the ECU.

Sorry but for me i have good clone with no problem in it and i pay only 50euros for this tool and the wiring inverted too.But with a little search in Google i buy good adapters for it(120 euros for totaly).But with a little of search and information you are be carefully with ECU.
Just take time for this and be careful.

Best regards

bijlaard
1st July, 2011, 08:58 PM
Hi
Easy to buy a clone, there is a lot on internet
can somebody tell me where to find and witch adapters i should buy to beable to do Volvo cars ?
I looked at galletta 1260 at resettools it looks like when i look at the car list only Volvo D5 and the V40 will work.
Is this tool also ok for the other EDC16's ?
to do them obd would also be nice

always exciting to try something totally new :-)

regards Ina

konopel
3rd October, 2012, 06:33 AM
It is an ECU Siemens SID 803A in this car, BDM equipment should work fine ( FGTech Galletto2 etc.)