PDA

View Full Version : DVD Drives

bigguns247
24th April, 2008, 01:49 PM
I had installed for years 3 drives, 1 pioneer 106
2 pioneer 112
3 LG ram drive

I ran nero 6 today and the computer reset, turned it back on and none of my drives show up om my computer. They are the in device manager but now they have yellow exclaimation marks next to them. have tried installing the drivers again, have then removed then readded via control panel but still the same. any help or suggestions apriciated.

perrin11
9th May, 2008, 05:51 PM
Maybe one of the drives is faulty. To test; disable all of them by uninstalling the drivers, switch off PC, removing the four pin power cables from each drive to disable them. Start PC so it boots without any DVDs at least once. Switch off and put a power cable back for just one drive and restart. Install the driver if required. Start Nero. If that all goes well reapeat the procedure for the next drive.

bigguns247
13th May, 2008, 12:33 AM
Typed into google "drives missing" and there is a tutorial on how to get them back by going through REGEDIT and deleting upper and lower memory, and they appeared back on. It wasn't a driver, hardware or firmware fault in the end.

father ted
13th May, 2008, 12:40 AM
Typed into google "drives missing" and there is a tutorial on how to get them back by going through REGEDIT and deleting upper and lower memory, and they appeared back on. It wasn't a driver, hardware or firmware fault in the end.

can you maybe be more specific on how you cured this problem it may be of use to others .thanks:hello:

bigguns247
13th May, 2008, 09:49 AM
Click Start, then Run, then enter REGEDIT to open the Registry Editor
Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class entry
Under the Class entry, double click on {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
In the right-hand pane, click ONCE to select the UpperFilters entry
Make sure the UpperFilters entry is highlighted, press Delete, then Yes.
In the right-hand pane, click ONCE to select the LowerFilters entry
Make sure the LowerFilters entry is highlighted, press Delete, then Yes.
Close the Registry Editor by clicking File, Exit.

Restart your computer, and the CDROM drive should now show up on the My Computer screen. You may need to re-install your CDROM software if it's not working properly.

zap
13th May, 2008, 11:15 PM
Have had the same problem myself previously and this fixed it for me also. Always usefull to export the registry before you make any changes then at least you can put things back if you get it wrong.