PDA

View Full Version : Is there an app for better signal ?

Saltire
29th June, 2011, 05:02 AM
I have a wildfire s and it should have a full strength signal indoors according to the network I am on, but the signal goes up and down like a whoores knickers, lol.

Is there an app that can boost the signal that anyone knows of ?

thanks gents :)

p.s
or is there settings that can possibly be changed to get signal better ?

Canker_Canison
30th June, 2011, 03:17 PM
No, it's the network lying to you.

Try locking the phone to either a 3G or 2G signal, this will cut down the amount of hopping around the phone does while looking for a better signal.

An update may improve the code used to control the sigal. But each type of phone has it's own strengths & weaknesses when it comes to signal. These will also vary between networks as well.

Except the Iphone which is always shite lol

Saltire
30th June, 2011, 11:49 PM
No, it's the network lying to you.

Try locking the phone to either a 3G or 2G signal, this will cut down the amount of hopping around the phone does while looking for a better signal.

An update may improve the code used to control the sigal. But each type of phone has it's own strengths & weaknesses when it comes to signal. These will also vary between networks as well.

Except the Iphone which is always shite lol

how do i lock the phone to 2g or 3g and what is the pro's and con's ?

Saltire
1st July, 2011, 01:07 AM

anyone ?;)

Saltire
1st July, 2011, 04:02 AM

anyone, please ? or will this defo make any difference ?

Canker_Canison
1st July, 2011, 03:39 PM
Turning off the 3G connection will stop any live apps & your email from updating. But it will boost battery life & might help settle down the signal issue as the phone is programmed to always look for a 3G signal first, even if the 2G signal is stronger.

Menu > Settings > Network > Data

(don't hold me to the location. If I get the time I'll double check on an Android phone)

Quick Settings is an app for Android system that allowing users to manage system settings of the smartphone. And one of its function is to turn off or on the mobile data connection, with ability to set it to be hidden and active in the notification drop down menu. Available for free on Android Market.
http://www.mydigitallife.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/quick-settings.jpg

andy1weir
2nd July, 2011, 05:27 PM
i sent you a pm m8 about you phone

Saltire
3rd July, 2011, 12:08 AM
i sent you a pm m8 about you phone

thanks mate, ye I got the message, sorry i should have came back and thanked you guys but ive been busy, sorry.

That other site you directed me to is like trying to read an encyclopidia blind, lol, my head is nipping with this learning new phones carry on, lol.

And from what you guys are saying if I turn off 3G then it will stop the internet content functions which is waste of time, so I cant do that.

ohh well, looks like I will just have to put up with a signal that goes up n down whilst in the house :(

andy1weir
3rd July, 2011, 02:20 AM
is it a wildfire or wildfire s?? ill have a look on another forum for ye,

Saltire
3rd July, 2011, 02:41 AM
is it a wildfire or wildfire s?? ill have a look on another forum for ye,

wildfire S mate.