PDA

View Full Version : I want a PCI satellite card

ITS A SCAM !
19th December, 2008, 09:36 PM
I am still not sure about what set up to go for. I am probably the only person in our house who will use the satellite system when its installed, as we also have cable tv. So i have thought that a satellite PCI card for my pc would probably be the best idea. i have been looking around online, and there are so many to choose from. I am led to believe that the biggest size dish i can have is a 1mtr ? Is this the ideal size, or should it be bigger or smaller ? I am also after advice on what sort of PCI card is a good investment, something what can have its firmware updated to possibly get extra channels ? Should the dish be motorised ? Will the PCi card support a motorised dish ? sorry about so many questions........:stupido3:

jbvid
21st December, 2008, 07:43 PM
I am still not sure about what set up to go for. I am probably the only person in our house who will use the satellite system when its installed, as we also have cable tv. So i have thought that a satellite PCI card for my pc would probably be the best idea. i have been looking around online, and there are so many to choose from. I am led to believe that the biggest size dish i can have is a 1mtr ? Is this the ideal size, or should it be bigger or smaller ? I am also after advice on what sort of PCI card is a good investment, something what can have its firmware updated to possibly get extra channels ? Should the dish be motorised ? Will the PCi card support a motorised dish ? sorry about so many questions........:stupido3:
Hi
Skystar 1 or 2 is the in PCI card ATM either SD or HD (Google or Ebay)depending on your budget, use ProgDVB software (well supported and regular updates), I prefer this. I have a motorised dish in the the Midlands UK (floor/patio mounted) it really need to be steerable as the popular Sats, ie Hotbird, Astra19 seem to be nearly empty now (encryption wise). Need to go to Thor @ 1deg west for a decent package.
jbvid

cauliflower69
22nd December, 2008, 02:14 AM
Can you run cccam software with a pci sat card as a matter of interest.

ITS A SCAM !
22nd December, 2008, 11:33 PM
many thanks for your input..i am a newbie to satellite tv, and i have not even got the dish up yet..lol. i just want to get it right and not waste money. I shall keep doing some research..once again, many thanks to you 2. :)

jbvid
22nd December, 2008, 11:55 PM
Can you run cccam software with a pci sat card as a matter of interest.
Hi
It looks possible, found this looking around :

''Hi
yes it's possible
use relook 400s CCCam+newcamd
can share with pci card using dvbdream +wincsc on windows
have a newcamd.list file in /var/keys''

jbvid