PDA

View Full Version : Streaming Sporting Events Thread

MICKAH
27th June, 2011, 09:20 PM
Just go to myp2p, get a good SOPCAST stream and connect the lappy to the TV, use it all the time for soccer matches, fights etc, SOPCAST set up right will be pretty flawless, compared to web based sites (veetle) who will get shut down every couple of mins,

astro77
27th June, 2011, 09:33 PM
yeah but the picture quality is well shit

MICKAH
27th June, 2011, 09:40 PM
if you get a stream of over 600kbps on SOPCAST, set the buffer to 20 secs in the options, then on the PC, you can change the res to improve the pic, been using it for a long time, never had hassles, but its down to the stream and your BBAND also

willo1961
27th June, 2011, 10:56 PM
Sopcast is old hat....Veetle is the one....High def....picture quality fantastic......still use myp2p

MICKAH
28th June, 2011, 09:55 AM
yes its good, but when they keep shutting it down due to copyright probs, all those web-based streams have the same issue, they get the streams shut down all the time during a game, a fight, some of the streams on SOPCAST are over 1100 kbps and being streamed from a HD source, which is pristine and doesnt shut down in the middle of a game as its not being displayed on a webpage, a lot of those webpages are also embedded with trojans/malware also

ramjet
28th June, 2011, 09:59 AM
frankly , you are all wrong ;)

point a dish at 19 east astra 1 satellite and connect a sat receiver like the sv HD combo , or any similar third party sat receiver (blade , spider , dreambox , technomate)

then tune to RTL and you will get the fight , although the commentary will be in german

MICKAH
28th June, 2011, 10:10 AM
Nein!! ha ha ha, my german isnt as good as yours mate

hilltops123
28th June, 2011, 01:05 PM
a good- right hand cross -- followed by a upper-cut---- needs no language. :ciao:

markedz
28th June, 2011, 05:43 PM
recomend the site
?27.99 for a full year,so all footy and boxing its a fair price
all prem 3pm footy,and any games that are on sky,and those that arnt

lagerland
28th June, 2011, 05:49 PM
recomend the site
?27.99 for a full year,so all footy and boxing its a fair price
all prem 3pm footy,and any games that are on sky,and those that arnt

That s a good price mate but no link..............:roflmao:

markedz
28th June, 2011, 06:44 PM
That s a good price mate but no link..............:roflmao:

LiveOnlineFooty.com (http://www.liveonlinefooty.com/)

thought it was said what site in earlier threads

pulsaruk
28th June, 2011, 07:52 PM
there is nothing on their schedule to say they are showing the fight

LiveOnlineFooty.com (http://www.liveonlinefooty.com/)

thought it was said what site in earlier threads

markedz
28th June, 2011, 08:19 PM
there is nothing on their schedule to say they are showing the fight

go to there facebook page m8

I know it's not for a week or two but will you be showing the Haye - Klitschko on the
2nd July ?

LiveOnlineFooty.com yep this will be shown!

http://www.facebook.com/liveonlinefooty

markedz
28th June, 2011, 09:02 PM
deffo on that site
just had conformation from the owner,or his monkey

MICKAH
28th June, 2011, 10:08 PM
why would you pay for streams when they are free??? Good streams to, the whole point of streams is its free,

MrFug
29th June, 2011, 12:32 AM
why would you pay for streams when they are free??? Good streams to, the whole point of streams is its free,

I agree. There are plenty of free streams out there. I haven't tried livefootyonline so I can't comment on it, but is it really that much better than the free streams to justify paying?

MICKAH
29th June, 2011, 09:30 AM
I agree. There are plenty of free streams out there. I haven't tried livefootyonline so I can't comment on it, but is it really that much better than the free streams to justify paying? Mr Fug, I use em all the time for the footy from myp2p, for soccer/boxing etc, I have a full tut on how to get the best from SOPCAST(increasing buffer times etc) and tweaking your PC (increase the screen output) and putting it on your TV, the streams I use are all english commentary, all above 800kbs, some are 0ver 1000kbs which renders the picture excellent, streamed from HD content to,

Streams were always free, thats why they were done, so others could get to see a game, fight etc, charging for something like this is something I dont agree with and also, there are loads of good streams out there free, the problem with the likes of say Veetle and web-based streamers, they are always hit with cease and decist actions whenever they show a game or fight, so its constantly being turned off and on, SOPCAST and similar programmes arent, you would be a mug to pay for something like this in my opinion

willo1961
29th June, 2011, 11:52 AM
Mr Fug, I use em all the time for the footy from myp2p, for soccer/boxing etc, I have a full tut on how to get the best from SOPCAST(increasing buffer times etc) and tweaking your PC (increase the screen output) and putting it on your TV, the streams I use are all english commentary, all above 800kbs, some are 0ver 1000kbs which renders the picture excellent, streamed from HD content to,

Streams were always free, thats why they were done, so others could get to see a game, fight etc, charging for something like this is something I dont agree with and also, there are loads of good streams out there free, the problem with the likes of say Veetle and web-based streamers, they are always hit with cease and decist actions whenever they show a game or fight, so its constantly being turned off and on, SOPCAST and similar programmes arent, you would be a mug to pay for something like this in my opinion

can you post link or pm me with the tutorial for sopcast would be nice to tweek

brainwave
29th June, 2011, 01:44 PM
can you post link or pm me with the tutorial for sopcast would be nice to tweek

Here ya go thanks to mickah for this very informative tutorial :congrats:

Watching Games via SOPCAST.doc - 4shared.com - document sharing - download (http://www.4shared.com/document/P-iIqPck/Watching_Games_via_SOPCAST.html)

MICKAH
29th June, 2011, 04:12 PM
The above is a basic step by step, but works a charn, but bear in mind that your PC, TV etc all can have an impact, but if you tweak the PC and player, you will see a difference, I got a whole season of footy doing this, all games.

casper1690
30th June, 2011, 09:28 AM
cnt eva get sopcast to run on my pc eva b a gr8 help if u could pm me best way to run as watch football all the time

MICKAH
30th June, 2011, 10:53 AM
a bit more info is needed, what you mean not running or cant run? have you installed the latest version? have you got a previous version installed? what machine are you trying to run it on? is your firewall blocking access?