View Full Version : tomato

true grit
29th June, 2011, 09:39 PM
my first tomato has just ripened, yum.

:canabis:

Evastar
29th June, 2011, 09:40 PM
nice one :)

that's early, did you grow them in a greenhouse?

true grit
29th June, 2011, 10:01 PM
yes greenhouse grown I'm growing the cherry type this year more tasty, I live in the north-East England and the toms are a month early.

:top:

jcgrumbles
30th June, 2011, 09:25 PM
Whereabouts in the north east,im in south shields and it was hailstones for us today,id just put a load of bedding plants in before i went to work and it flattened the lot..

true grit
30th June, 2011, 10:02 PM
I'm Hartlepool J.C. I was lucky to catch the good spring we had, pretty crappy the last few weeks scorching one moment then thunderstorms, but its 120 in the greenhouse.

:stoned:

Evastar
3rd July, 2011, 10:45 PM
cherry tomatoes lovely, mine are moneymakers, are coming along nicely, flowers are out, won't get any tomatoes for another six weeks or so i reckon. would be handy to have a greenhouse.

having said that, had lovely sugar snap peas for dinner today from the garden :)

cactikid
3rd July, 2011, 10:56 PM
hmm no meat,your slipping lolany chips?

Evastar
3rd July, 2011, 10:58 PM
hmm no meat,your slipping lolany chips?

lol roast breast of turkey if you must know, with cranberry sauce, gravy, roast potatoes etc .........

andy1967
4th July, 2011, 10:44 PM
lol roast breast of turkey if you must know, with cranberry sauce, gravy, roast potatoes etc .........

Where's the fxxxxxx mash! you can't have a dinner with no mash! :afraid:

Evastar
11th July, 2011, 11:41 AM
you get any more tomatoes yet? :)

my plants are coming along nicely, lots of flowers at this stage, but no tomatoes yet. if we get a bit of sun should have a nice crop in august, if not, will have to pick them green and ripen them in the house, i had to do that one year before.

true grit
12th July, 2011, 09:29 PM
Plenty of time yet Eva you will be eating yours when mine are gone

:shot:

jfitz7
21st July, 2011, 05:44 PM
i hope they are going to produce