PDA

View Full Version : polo simos mil lamp

chriskross
1st July, 2011, 06:58 PM
hi

is there a way to turn of the mil lamp from cluster.

vw polo 1,2 azq simos 3:top:

oldford
1st July, 2011, 07:03 PM
Of course there is.
1. You can use a scanner to do this. Of course if the problem has not been repaired, the MIL will go on again, either immediately or after some time.
2. Repair the problem and the light will go off after a couple of days.

What's the problem? Have the fault codes been read?

chriskross
2nd July, 2011, 08:16 AM
16804 effective catalyst to low

have checked the catalyst already looks like new, also the ceramik is ok.

i also changed the 2 oxygen sensors also the same error after driving 100 km.

also make software update of ecu with the same result :saint:

oldford
2nd July, 2011, 09:09 AM
Usually the ecu is right. Probably a knackered catalyst.
Test drive at 50-65 mph (80 - 100 kmh) and log oxygen sensors.

What has happened in the past? Any mixture problems/missfires, defective plugs/coils or injectors?

chriskross
2nd July, 2011, 12:53 PM
don't know if there was a problem in the past, i bought this car for one month.

i also reseted the readness code every test was successfull,

like oxygen sensors, catalyst and so on.

i will make a log of the oxygen sensors on monday.

big thx chris

oldford
2nd July, 2011, 02:00 PM
Readiness tests don't tell you a damn thing.
They only state that the ecu is ready to start checking the parts for problems and failures. It DOES NOT mean there are no failures.
16804 code (P0420) will take several hundred miles before it comes back.

grinovsky
2nd July, 2011, 02:14 PM
read this may be it help you to find solution
P0420 Error Code: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) (http://www.obd-codes.com/p0420)

chriskross
4th July, 2011, 11:16 AM
so make now the logs of the oxygen sensors.

bg chris

oldford
4th July, 2011, 12:21 PM
Log is difficult to read because of constant changing conditions (fluctuating rpm, breaking on the engine, shifting gears).
When you decelerate (braking on the engine) then the voltage of front sensor goes up to 4 Volt (wideband sensor, very lean) and the rear sensor will log 0 volt (jump-sensor, very lean) - this is normal, because the injection is cut-off and air with around 20% oxygen passes thru the engine into the exhaust.
The only constant rpm is at timecode 45 - there the rear sensor has a good signal. Am I right in thinking this is increased rpm without driving? If so, it does not tell much.
What you need is a minute of constant speed and constant rpm around 50 - 65 miles (80 - 100 kilometers).
There's one short instance where this happens at timecode 380. There the read sensor drops once to a too low voltage and is showing signs of a damaged catalyst.

chriskross
4th July, 2011, 01:36 PM
thank you.

i make now new log with constant speed 80-100 km please can you make a look again?

thx chris

oldford
4th July, 2011, 02:12 PM
Logging is slow because a) the protocol is slow and b) you are logging 3 different groups. If you only log group 33 during a steady run, you get a lot more measurements of the rear sensor. Now rear sensor is logged once per 1.2 seconds.

Rear sensor is showing signs of defective catalyst, but only minimal. Could be we missed all the signs because of slow logging.
Look at time code 52.5, 491.6 and 545. There the rear oxygen sensor signal is low, where it should be high.