PDA

View Full Version : Golf 4 gttdi Speedo fault

wiseman
4th July, 2011, 12:20 AM
Changed mileage on this car,had to remove dash fuse before the dash would display new mileage,

the customer was complaining of the speedo not working after he had tried to change a light bulb on the dash, this fault existed before the car came to me.
He blow fuse 14 which caused fault code 01330_ cental control modual for central convienience(j393) alot of things would not work, central locking, window etc...changed fuse all is well apart from the speedo

I tested the speedo with testing outputs on the machine and all the gauges work including the speedo fine,up down no problem, but does not work when you drive, also the fuel gauge seams to move very easily when going round the corner..any ideas
thanks guys

jarecki55
4th July, 2011, 12:32 AM
I thinking problem is on speed sensor on gearbox, first check connection condition on sensor. You can check speed on ECU in mesering block, if display 0 problem on sensor if no dash dump is bad or some wiring problem on car.

sparkle
4th July, 2011, 10:35 AM
fault lies in wiring under battery tray . remove battery tray , strip back insulation , seperate all wires & check continunity . you may have to strip a fair bit back but u will find a break .............gauranteed

sparkle

s3man
4th July, 2011, 06:03 PM
Before this happened with me and was also faulty wiring to gearbox (no speed signal)

wiseman
4th July, 2011, 06:21 PM
Before this happened with me and was also faulty wiring to gearbox (no speed signal)

where abouts was the fault in the wiring?battery tray too? thanks