PDA

View Full Version : cummins bench simulator?

joe gp
6th July, 2011, 09:23 AM
hi guys

busy building a bench simulation for cummins engines and having a bit of a problem simulating the Vehicle speed sensor to the vss input....any help would be appreciated.

WANNA FIRE MY INJECTORS!!!!:top:

donniemnemonic
12th July, 2011, 12:03 PM
hi guys

busy building a bench simulation for cummins engines and having a bit of a problem simulating the Vehicle speed sensor to the vss input....any help would be appreciated.

WANNA FIRE MY INJECTORS!!!!:top:

Well m8 you do not need the VSS signal to fire your injectors but instead try placing a signal generator on your EPS (engine position sensor) pins and that should give you the signal you require,or you could mount a gear on a shaft that is connected to an EPS and use that to create the required signal.:tee:

joe gp
13th July, 2011, 08:37 PM
Well m8 you do not need the VSS signal to fire your injectors but instead try placing a signal generator on your EPS (engine position sensor) pins and that should give you the signal you require,or you could mount a gear on a shaft that is connected to an EPS and use that to create the required signal.:tee:

tx mate....quik question....at what frequency?

tx for the help man

jctech
13th July, 2011, 11:22 PM

You wil need to mount a camshaft gear in front of your EPS, and spin the gear at above 150 RPM, because it needs to see the 6 TDC notches and also the number 1 TDC notch.
A signal generator may be able to give this 6+1 signal....I dont know

ddmech
14th July, 2011, 02:51 AM
Where can you buy a signal generator?Is it possible to make one?