PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference?

Hazza
24th April, 2008, 04:35 PM
I have heard a lot of talk about various images for the Dreambox, i.e. digital worldz, dior and gemini, but what are the differences? I am using digital worldz 2 now and I am very happy with it. I can only imagine that it is the way that it manages the way that the screen looks and how it accesses the various menus.
Er, did I just answer my own question??
Am I losing the plot?
Is JR really dead?
My head hurts.
Harry

Devilfish
24th April, 2008, 07:00 PM
Hehehe...

It just different people or teams that have created them. One image might have different features in it depending on how advanced the coding team is.

Most of them will look different but they all do the same thing.

tafremetrics
29th April, 2008, 03:36 AM
different coders give their image a certain slant but the inner workings are still the same. i was cool with enigma until i tried dw2.0. it had a few features over enigma as well as a very polished user interface. i understand kaos is bringing one out shortly. it might be better than dw2.0 - for instance they might choose to implement a journey planner, a weather forecaster, a barometer to measure your wife's PMS, champions league predictor, etc etc

bbhs
29th April, 2008, 10:10 AM
Don't forget to watch out with the gemini image at the mo if you have a clone dreambox - i.e. the bootloader problem