PDA

View Full Version : Which image rocks the most?

caveman_nige
3rd March, 2008, 09:36 AM
Yo, I have been using the PLi image up to now and rather liked the layout and its download functionality. However, i have not really tried many others as I stayed with the image that i got working first, but this PLi image seems to have corrupted now and basically needs a to be reflashed with a new image either the same or something different; incidently i did not get around to backing it up to enable me to restore it (bummer).

Which images come most recommended for my dm600c, images that look nice and have the download function etc. What advantages are there to be had for having certain images?

On a side note can an message in the EPG setup window about having no space available be causing this image to hang.. I do not get any prgram guides any more (it has only been running just over a week). Is there a folder/file list that I can delete without causing problems to day to day usage? I guess its time to stick a HDD in this sucker to avoid this in future maybe, what do you think..?

Devilfish
3rd March, 2008, 10:11 AM
To be honest, all images are pretty similar.

They are all based on the same base image, just tweaked and skinned differently. Most have an Addons menu so that you can download plugins, games, emu, etc. The PLi has a nice web interface if you're into that.

But there's not much choice for the 600; you've got PLi, Gemini and Cli I think, that's about it.

Regarding your current situation...in what way does it hang?

Hang up on boot?
FTA channels work ok but no premium channels work?
Can you ftp to the box? (important)

If you can do a factory reset on the box (Setup -> Expert Setup) then that will put you back to as if you're just flashed the PLi image again. You'd need to do a scan and setup your bouquets. If you can ftp to the box and backup your bouquets at least, that would help. But it's not the end of the world if you can't.

caveman_nige
3rd March, 2008, 03:51 PM
So if I try the factory reset, I will need to load the services file etc again?

Which files can be deleted to free up space or is this not the way to go?

The hang is sometimes on boot and sometimes during normal use, but I am also not getting program info until after about 5 - 10 seconds.

Devilfish
3rd March, 2008, 06:04 PM
You can have a look in /var or /usr for any rouge files.

If you've accidentally tried to record without any recording capabilities, it might have attempted to record to the filesystem so there might be a .ts file somewhere. If the filesystem is full it can do funny things.

If you're unsure, it's best to do a factory reset. And yes you would need to do a scan or copy services over afterwards.

No.1 Rule - Always make a backup!

Folk who forget the first time, never forget again lol.

Sicilian
11th March, 2008, 01:59 PM
Are you using the latest Iolite image for the 600? Imo the PLi image is prob the best for uk cable as it has the working infobar. Alternitavly u could try the CLi600 image.

father ted
11th March, 2008, 02:57 PM
Are you using the latest Iolite image for the 600? Imo the PLi image is prob the best for uk cable as it has the working infobar. Alternitavly u could try the CLi600 image.

the pli image as far as im concerned is the best cli 600 doesnt that have problems the now ?

Sicilian
11th March, 2008, 04:18 PM
Tbh never really got round to playin with the CLi image when I had the 600, got a 7025 now. I believe its very stable though.

smirnoff_rules
12th March, 2008, 03:01 PM
my backup image in downloads has been fine m8 and has some menu add ons and a different skin , looks and works great

angelus
7th April, 2008, 09:11 PM
I do recommand the news release of Gemini (4.31). Stable & working with most EMU's.

Give it a try!

captain chaos
9th April, 2008, 10:02 AM
Unless the keys have changed lol

mmore
10th April, 2008, 12:01 AM
I do recommand the news release of Gemini (4.31). Stable & working with most EMU's.

Give it a try!
I've been using the DM500C with Gemini 1.0.5 for the last three years now and with the recent key changes, this has to be done through the PC via Dreambox Control Centre.

Where can I download this Gemini 4.31 image?

Does the latest Gemini image allow you to enter new keys via the remote?

Devilfish
10th April, 2008, 12:12 AM
You need the Tuxbox Commander plugin to be able to update the codes manually. If the image doesn't have that, it can't be done. And I don't think the Gemini images come with that plugin.

You're better with the DW v2 image.

But I've uploaded the Gemini v3.4.1 image if you want to play.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=93

Also uploaded the tuxbox commander plugin. ;)

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=94

mmore
10th April, 2008, 12:41 AM
Thanks, I'll have a look and see if I can get it to work first. Alternatively, I might just follow your advice and try the DW v2 image!

For some reason I can't download the files despite having made a few posts. Is there another reason?

Devilfish
10th April, 2008, 01:03 AM
The forum updates the accounts on the hour so you'll need to wait till then.

mmore
10th April, 2008, 05:03 PM
Thanks,

I've tried the DWv2 and it's great, so I've not tried the use the Gemini and the plugin, but thanks for uploading them for me.

The DWv2 is very similar to the old Gemini image I've been using except its got a few more useful features.

Devilfish
10th April, 2008, 05:30 PM
The DW v2 image is the best for the UK market in my opinion.

But then again, I'm biased! ;)

smirnoff_rules
10th April, 2008, 06:28 PM
The DW v2 image is the best for the UK market in my opinion.

But then again, I'm biased! ;)

l would think helping to write it would do that lol

allycoops
10th April, 2008, 06:29 PM
l would think helping to write it would do that lol

he couldnt have wrote it Paul, he cant write, (east kilbride mate, numpties) lol

speedz
11th April, 2008, 12:00 AM
how do you check what key you have?

idrees
11th April, 2008, 12:21 AM
i cant et the dw v2.0 to load on to my box as when i down load it is a rar file not an img file i am using dreamup to do this ne one know why.

also my flash pro program does not work or may be its i don't know how to use it properly?? it might be the latter

chub32
12th April, 2008, 02:42 PM
hi
how do you put keys in the dm600c, it would be nice to know from start to end, as usualy member quate root/var/key or root/var/scce.

smirnoff_rules
12th April, 2008, 02:55 PM
press your blue button and using TuxBox Commander plugin scroll to /var/keys/keylist.txt . with keylist.txt highlighted press 4 on remote to edit the keylist. On the first line of keylist file check the 16 digit number/letter code against
the new chor^s/n@l code for your area. There will be a few digits wrong compared to the new codes, change these. exit and save. restart evocamd and it should work.

mighty_thorax
12th April, 2008, 04:03 PM
Where can I get the codes for my area?

hoponbaby
12th April, 2008, 04:15 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1190

tomk
30th June, 2008, 11:02 PM
thanks for the link