PDA

View Full Version : Confusion

Rough Daimond
7th July, 2011, 09:31 AM
Got an installer in to just repoint my dish to the correct location later this week, i have DM800 PRO clone on order, with a gemini 5.1 image BL82 SIM 201 M TUNER ECT, probbaly will flash it to the Phoenix imagw 1.33v as it sounds a good image, just wanted to know, can i then use the dreamedit utility to transfer bouquets ect on this phoenix image, or infact any image.

also, in the guide DE guide it refers to enigma images..are these the same as the gemini images??

cheers

homer41
7th July, 2011, 10:11 AM
yh mate u can use dreamedite to ftp bouquets into your box. check out sgt flipflops bouquets

Rough Daimond
7th July, 2011, 10:14 AM
On any image?

yh mate u can use dreamedite to ftp bouquets into your box. check out sgt flipflops bouquets

mark8393
7th July, 2011, 01:29 PM
Yes mate, any image, Gemini, pli etc etc

southpaw
7th July, 2011, 01:38 PM
All dm800 images are Enigma 2 mate. Old dm500 enigma1. You will need to tell dbe you got an e2 box in options / settings
Always use sim2.01 images for your box. As others will brick it (can recover) lots of sim2 images over at dreamoem.com
good luck

Rough Daimond
7th July, 2011, 02:59 PM
cheers fella, its lot to get my head around...lots of conflicting stuff and Jargon to come to terms with, just cancelled the DM800 and ordered the DM500HD ferrari as there seems to be a few problems with the 800's i have read, overheating ect, its coming pre installed with the newenigma image but if not happy with it or get bored of it i can try another image on there, alaways good to learn how to do it just incase the image corrupts, quite savvy with the computer side of things to get it sorted so hopefully all goes well, but i can always ask any advice on here id i get stuck.

All dm800 images are Enigma 2 mate. Old dm500 enigma1. You will need to tell dbe you got an e2 box in options / settings
Always use sim2.01 images for your box. As others will brick it (can recover) lots of sim2 images over at dreamoem.com
good luck

alom5
7th July, 2011, 03:17 PM
the Dm800 Pro that you were getting is a good box and i haven't read too many issues with it.

you may be referring to it's predecessor the dm800hd.

the pro is a good box. not had any problems since i had decent image on it.

styla
8th July, 2011, 12:40 AM
the Dm800 Pro that you were getting is a good box and i haven't read too many issues with it.

you may be referring to it's predecessor the dm800hd.

the pro is a good box. not had any problems since i had decent image on it.

100% backed!

The Pro is spot on! And so is the new DM800SE so far!

MrFug
8th July, 2011, 01:19 AM
cheers fella, its lot to get my head around...lots of conflicting stuff and Jargon to come to terms with, just cancelled the DM800 and ordered the DM500HD ferrari as there seems to be a few problems with the 800's i have read, overheating ect, its coming pre installed with the newenigma image but if not happy with it or get bored of it i can try another image on there, alaways good to learn how to do it just incase the image corrupts, quite savvy with the computer side of things to get it sorted so hopefully all goes well, but i can always ask any advice on here id i get stuck.

The DM500HD is fine, but it's not PVR. The 800 has USB ports and space for an internal HDD. If your not interested in recording, then you're fine.

Rough Daimond
8th July, 2011, 08:38 AM
there would be a facility to attach an esata drive to the 500, this would act as storage for recording i would of thought..but i might be wrong, this is what it says on the spec "eSATA for recording Technical Features"

The DM500HD is fine, but it's not PVR. The 800 has USB ports and space for an internal HDD. If your not interested in recording, then you're fine.

gji25
8th July, 2011, 10:11 AM
the dm500hd original does have a esata connection for a hard disk.... you are correct

Rough Daimond
8th July, 2011, 11:37 AM
My ~~~~iing head is in a a whizz with all this....just read the sticky for the TSPANEL addons.....totally lost with it all, it's driving me insane!!!