PDA

View Full Version : Payed Members only section

imsohappy
20th December, 2008, 02:51 PM
Now
A payed members only section would be cool
keep all the normal files and help texts in the open forum
but to stop the hit and run sign up members getting the best of the best (THAT ALL THE HARD WORKING MODS & OTHERS PUT UP) put them in the (members only section )
so if thy want,( DONATE )
HELP THOSE THAT HELP YOU

Thanks
Richard

Devilfish
20th December, 2008, 02:55 PM
We're not about the money here at Digital Kaos. This was always intended to be a free forum, what you see if what there is! We won't restrict information to force you to donate like other forums. 1 post is all we ask and then you have access to everything.

As for a donators forum, what would you put in it?

.: JaCkPoT :.
20th December, 2008, 04:34 PM
well said glen.... just not fair that idea... the mods are currently happy with how things are at the moment[i think].....

krazylegz
21st December, 2008, 10:27 AM
not quite the same but how about a little donated spinny so those who have donated can stand out......might make them feel a little better??

imsohappy
21st December, 2008, 12:50 PM
not quite the same but how about a little donated spinny so those who have donated can stand out......might make them feel a little better??

now that's what i was after krazylegz
i may have worded it wrong in first post
but just a place for the donated members to go with out being bombarded with the hit and run, but thy are safe with me, i know nothing:stupido2 lol
members could have there own little software and tuts :angel: that could help the donated, and still help the none donated
Tanks
Richard

21st December, 2008, 01:40 PM
Lee... I already pm'd glen about something similar so i think we are in the same boat.. :)

Donnie Darko
21st December, 2008, 07:26 PM
Whats a donated member?someone who has bought a raffle ticket?or what?

Leave the place as it is.

21st December, 2008, 08:59 PM
Someone who has donated for its sake and not for raffle tickets mate...

caveman_nige
21st December, 2008, 09:07 PM
spinny things are fine but elitist sections that hide info from the others is not the way to go. Keep DK as it is, free information on how to fix for all. Sure you have people who just turn up and leech but they do you no harm. Just look after the members that stay and they will learn.

Donnie Darko
21st December, 2008, 10:25 PM
Thought the raffles were a forum of donation,without possibly bringing the place into disrepute,given the lads locked up at the other place.

thebigman
22nd December, 2008, 03:30 PM
I would say leave things as they are I don't think adding a donated spinny or a paid section will add anything. All i can see happening is people donating a fiver then expecting a 24/7 helpline when their cable goes down.

thebigman

gmb45
30th December, 2008, 06:29 AM
dk works great as it is,its great to have a totally free site.