PDA

View Full Version : Moving from cable

brin251
8th July, 2011, 08:54 AM
OK Here is my rant i would never condone going to cable for tv EVER PERIOD they have far too much control over our viewing

Do the sensible thing go without for a while by a cheap clone and dish and go to satellite i did and have never looked back

If your fortunate enuff get a motorised dish and the world is your oyster

This can be expensive for the initial layout but believe me once u do u will forget cable eva existed
The days of something for nothing are OVER

DO IT U KNOW U WANT TO

stew86
8th July, 2011, 09:38 AM
hello feel the same about cable i have been looking into sat side for abit what sat box do you have and it is easy to use

mark8393
8th July, 2011, 10:08 AM
You don't need to go as far as motorised if you just want sly, standard sly dish and dreambox 500s will give more than you have now, easy to setup aswell

ramjet
8th July, 2011, 10:08 AM
hello feel the same about cable i have been looking into sat side for abit what sat box do you have and it is easy to use

check his profile to the left of his post and you will see the details , although when he says cheap clone he obviously means a cheap clone dreambox , and no linux based boxes are easy to use , but are highly rewarding

the box in his profile is easy to use , and is similar to the sv combo which could also be used

but as this is the starview section I wouldnt think its the place for other receiver discussions , suffice to say the following may be of interest

some linux open source boxes :-

dreambox
vu+
icecrypt
technomate

and some closed source boxes

sv combo and caci
spiderbox
blade
icecrypt
technomate
openbox

but there are hundreds of options

I dont think cable is dead yet , but the OP has a valid point , especially when it comes to one word , CHOICE

Federer16
8th July, 2011, 10:23 AM
guys...if i were to get a Motorized dish, will my current Blade HD box work with it, or will i have to get different box that will give me access to globall channels? or can any sat box be used and then just depends on the sub for which channels i receive?

stew86
8th July, 2011, 10:26 AM
ramjet which dreambox model would you go for and (clone or real) thanks

Shady
8th July, 2011, 10:35 AM
1st box? dreambox 500s. lowest outlay

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f11/box-214833/

ramjet
8th July, 2011, 11:07 AM
guys...if i were to get a Motorized dish, will my current Blade HD box work with it, or will i have to get different box that will give me access to globall channels? or can any sat box be used and then just depends on the sub for which channels i receive?

blade will work fine , but subs will determine the scrambled channel access ;)

almost any 3rd party sat box can be used ( but not a sly or freesat dedicated box ) , including those I mentioned earlier

if you have a blade I would start with that box , and maybe get a dreambox or vu+ at a later stage once you have more knowledge , and I would tend to advocate original boxes and not clones , but each to their own ( depending on price ), an sv combo is also a good starter box if you already had one too

I also advocate HD boxes as they can receive HD and also SD channels , although SD boxes can be useful , especially when learning or starting out on a small budget

cbk
8th July, 2011, 12:03 PM
If you are a newbie to sat I would recommend you go for a OPENBOX HD.

Main features it has HD facility and very easy to program.Also the price is very low.

Dreambox is quite hard to program and has too many settings. ALso the picture is too blocky on a large screen

Shady
8th July, 2011, 12:34 PM
If you are a newbie to sat I would recommend you go for a OPENBOX HD.

Main features it has HD facility and very easy to program.Also the price is very low.

Dreambox is quite hard to program and has too many settings. ALso the picture is too blocky on a large screen

recommend your own personal choice of box by all means
but dont lie about other boxes to make it seem ur choice is the best choice.. lol
dms are NOT hard to set up, nor is the picture too blocky on any screen

barrowmanandrew
8th July, 2011, 05:07 PM
i am using a blade 500s.

cost me 50quid and picture looks great on my 50" tv, no blockyness (if thats a word lol) at all....
it is difficult to set up at first, but easy once you have done it once or twice.

and there are plenty of helpful people on here if ya get stuck... ;)

lagerland
8th July, 2011, 05:44 PM
Dont matter which box you get you will enjoy it sat is the way to go so many options you wont look back.............