PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Flash DM500HD

woodbum
8th July, 2011, 09:40 AM
I have a 'compatible' DM500HD that someone has tried to upload an original DreamBox image to - now the box is "dead" - I've tried to use DreamUp v1.3.3.7 and connect via USB (COM3), and when I connect the BOX it is shown in the Log field and a boot loader is transferred. BUT ... the Status says: upload completed, waiting for acknowledge... and then nothing happens. I've unchecked the "Use Network". I've tried to connect to the Remote IP (Box) address as well, but I can't get connected to the box, so that I can upload a new image. Anybody having suggestions? Please :)

gji25
8th July, 2011, 10:05 AM
theres a tutorial on how to flash a dm500 hd on this site somewhere by alun funnel if your having problems flashing your box... i have a dm500hd and i always flash my images through the network and mini usb cable

woodbum
8th July, 2011, 10:07 AM
I have read the tutorial, and have done it exactly as described, but I'll get the waitin for acknowledge error - and then nothing happens :( -

gji25
8th July, 2011, 10:20 AM
what image are you trying to flash to your box

woodbum
8th July, 2011, 10:31 AM
Well I've have thought of Enigma2 or BlackHole - but as I cannot get reply from the box, haven't I decided that yet.

gji25
8th July, 2011, 11:36 AM
is there any life to the box ? are there any lights on? is the file your trying to upload to the box a nfi file ? could be the box is damaged

woodbum
8th July, 2011, 11:58 AM
There are a green light and the box is shown in the Log field as DM500HD when I turn it on - so yes, there is some kind of life in the box, and I never get a chance to load an image, as DreamUp uploads a FlashLoader and then waits for a reply from the box, that apparently never comes. So you may be right, that the box is somehow damaged. But I would very much try to "hard-reset" it, as it has been working, when some other guy tried to upload a "original" dreambox image to the box.

gji25
8th July, 2011, 06:39 PM
have you got the network box checked in dream up and also the correct ip of the box entered.... also if i remember corrctly when i flashed my dm500hd i did,nt even us dream up... i flashed it through the ethernet connection... i think the procedure was done by swithching the box off/ then on again while holding the power button down.... the open your web browser (internet explorer) then type in the address bar your ip of your dreambox eg: http://192.168.1.xxx then you should see a screen which then you can browse your nfi file image and then click flash